Notifications
Clear all

2019 3601RL - Soft Floor - Opinions Needed

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@osbornga)
Topic starter  

First, we got our Redwood last fall from a private seller, and we noticed a musty smell after the purchase. Second, we're near Pittsburgh, PA, so we camped in it through early November; fast-forward to this weekend and we noticed the floor was soft between the door and the slide (see pic).

I've read several posts about "mud flaps" to keep water from getting into this spot. Does anyone have a picture of what I should be looking for or will it be obvious when I pull the slide in?

I've looked around, roof, etc., and found everything was in order, but the source of a water leak can be mysterious. Assuming the root cause is the mud flap what is the best approach to repair the floor? 

Thanks for any opinions that the group has to share with me us.

Gary & Debbie

webberwj
(@webberwj)
Eminent Member

We have a 4001LK (rear kitchen) but very similar in this door area.  Our living room is in the middle above the tires and the slide outs on both sides had poor seals underneath where the tracks for the slide out mechanics are located and when we traveled, a LOT of rain water spray would come off the tires (AND dust on a dirt or gravel road) would come in these locations and cover the main floor.  My bet is you either one, have this same issue or two, water is coming down the side of the slide out right by the door, it is getting the floor wet there and over time has softened the sub floor.  You may try supporting from underneath at that spot to see if it will help vs pulling up the floor to replace ...  Have a mobile tech or service center check the slide out seals and for the under slide out issue, we just put a very thick adhesive backed foam weather seal there that when the slide came in it compressed the block and closed the gap ... 

ReplyQuote
Share: