Clear all

LED replacement taillights

9 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
 bcb
(@bcb)
Topic starter  

Good afternoon:  I have a 2014 RFW36FB.  The taillights are not LED, although I think they were in 2015.  Does anyone know what I would order to replace them?  Are they 'plug and play'?  Would they need to be sealed after installing?  Thanks in advance.

(@ford-truck-guy)

This is what I purchased back in 2016 - https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/truck-lights-lamps/round-led-truck-and-trailer-lights-w-built-in-reflectorized-flange-5-12-led-braketurntail-lights-w-24-high-flux-leds-3-pin-connector/1913/4400/

They were plug and play and a direct replacement..  I see that they are now discontinued, I would call them and ask for an alternative.. If I remember correctly, they were very easy to get info from and very helpful!

Joe

ON EDIT - 

here is the replacement - https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/truck-lights-lamps/round-led-truck-and-trailer-lights-w-built-in-reflectorized-flange-5-12-led-braketurntail-lights-w-24-high-flux-leds-3-pin-connector/1913/4401/

This post was modified 3 years ago by ford truck guy

ReplyQuote
 bcb
(@bcb)
Topic starter  

Thanks so much.

ReplyQuote
(@ford-truck-guy)

@bcb

You are welcome..  I actually did not replace mine, I sent the replacements to another member who was ready to do his. ( I was not ready ) .. 

There is a LOT of clear caulk that waterproofs the unit that needs to be cut out just to allow you to remove the old unit.

Once removed, scrape the excess old stuff off, lay a new bead around the perimeter and replace... level out with finger once screws are tight and look for voids, if you have any, add another bead of caulk and smooth.

ReplyQuote
 bcb
(@bcb)
Topic starter  

@ford-truck-guy

Very helpful!  Thanks, again.

ReplyQuote
(@rob_fla)
Eminent Member

I replaced my tail lights with LEDs on my 2014 Redwood.

I got the LED Tail Lights with the backup lights on the outer ring.

I replaced all 4 lights, now it is much more visible when stopping or turning and the backup lights work great too.

This post was modified 3 years ago by Rob_Fla

ReplyQuote
(@rob_fla)
Eminent Member

Maxxima M85417R Red 21 LEDs Ultra Thin Round Hybrid Lightning STT/Back-Up LED Light

ReplyQuote
 bcb
(@bcb)
Topic starter  

@rob_fl

Thanks very much.  When you pulled the taillights out, was it easy to crosswire back and forth?  My current set up is 4 lights in the back, two reverse lights and two tail/stop lights.

ReplyQuote
(@rob_fla)
Eminent Member

@bcb

Yes, the wiring changes for the 4 Brake / Tail Lights with Backup Lights was pretty easy.

My light update has been quite a while now, no problems, works great, much better brake and tail light visibility in bad weather conditions like heavy fog and rain and the backup lights are much brighter than before.

ReplyQuote
Share: