Notifications
Clear all

replace seal around opposite side slideout

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@settleredwood)
Topic starter  

I have a problem with my 2015 Redwood model RW31SL when the opposite side slideout is open and then it rains. When I pull-in the slideout, water gets into the trailer from both ends of the slideout. My maintenance guys tell me that I need to replace the seal around the slideout. They recommend one continuous 37’ length. Unfortunately, they can only find it is 8’ lengths, and I want to avoid butting ends together as I think it will lead to more leaks. Any suggestions about where I can get a 37’ length?

Thank you.

Ted

(@beckym1619)

I am interested also as we need to replace our seals also on our larger slide 

Becky

ReplyQuote
Michelle
(@mhs4771)

There is no One piece seal that I know of.  You have several different types of seals on each side and on top.  A wipers seal and a bulb seal.  Not sure if the top wiper seal will remove all the water, I know for a fact it won't remove Florida Tree Frogs, they flatten right out and the seals just goes right over them.  We have Toppers on all of our slides, so when retracting when wet there is very little water on top of the slides.

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

ReplyQuote
Share: