TIRES

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
 dave
(@dave)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I NEED TO BUY 4 NEW TIRES.  MY LAST PURCHASE WAS IN 2016 AND A SET OF GOODYEAR  LT235/85R16G.  I paid $1,200.00 for a set of 4 installed etc.  Now the price for the same tire is $2700 for four including installation .  My guy told me to look at Hercules H901 or the Saluin.  Any suggestions.  I have a 38RL which is quite heavy.  I loved the Goodyears and had not had one issue with them  But the South Florida heat worries me with the tire age.  They have 6 years and around 60 thousand miles on them.  I just don't want to pay $2700 for a new set.   

Michelle
(@mhs4771)

If you were going to spend that $2700 you would be ahead by buying new wheels and tires in 17.5".  We had a 36RL prior to this 39MB and ran the Heavy Duty 17.5" wheels and tires both.

Were running the GY G114s on the MB with 4 1/2 years on them with plans to replace, but on the way to the 2019 Rally one blew, lucky only minor damage.  Replaced all five tires and wheels with Sailun tires, reason for the new rims, we had two OEMs develop pin hole leaks in the rim, so we had no trust in them.

As I posted on your other post, only info I have on the Hercules H901 is from a few on the Montana Forum.  Many of us with RWs are running the Sailuns with a pretty good track record.

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

ReplyQuote
 dave
(@dave)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

@mhs4771 Thanks for the information

ReplyQuote
Paul Bridges
(@iceman1777)

The Sailuns have a great track record. Goodyear has had plenty of issues and I just saw where they now have several requirements to get reimbursement for damages from a blowout. I think we have a few owners in the group running Hercules with success but it hasn’t had widespread use yet. 

2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 CC KR DRW 6.7 Powerstroke

ReplyQuote
Share: