7 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Morning Ken,

On signing in this morning, I my first junk email from a chap who signed up about 7 hours prior. His user ID started with FIFAcoins......

He had no posts showing in his post count, but had posted about FIFA coins and the Qatar World Cup. I have deleted the post and blocked his profile and user IP address.

I know you are currently tied up with the Paypal issue, but when you have a few seconds can you please check the blocks I initiated and advise if I completed it correctly.

Thanks.

Posted : February 22, 2016 9:29 AM
KenA
 KenA
(@kena)
Honorable Member

Morning Andy,

Where did you put in the blocks? Do you want to just ban his userid? Did you send a PM or email him and ask him not to post SPAM or off topic content?

Ken

Ken & Gizzi
Ford 2015 F350 DRW
--
"My Redwood; Go anywhere and always be at home."
"The trouble with trouble is it starts as fun"

"I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been" - Wayne Gretzky

Posted : February 22, 2016 10:38 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Hi Ken,

I deleted the post, but assumed you would still be able to see it in the history.

When I went to block, I found ones for the User ID and IP address, which I hope I did properly. For a permanent block it said to leave the date range blank, which is what I did.

Negative on sending an email, as I don't want my email address going to a spammer.

I figured that even if I put on the block that you would still be able to research him. He is still the last new member. Is this correct, or can't you access it either?

If their is a better way to deal with this can you please advise. Knowing that you were tied up with the Paypal thing, thought I better deal with this one.

Posted : February 22, 2016 11:03 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Ken,

Just checked his user ID and it states he is banned by a Moderator, but under block is does not list any.

Does banning take preference over blocks, or did I not complete the block correctly.

Posted : February 22, 2016 11:10 AM
KenA
 KenA
(@kena)
Honorable Member

So I see the banned you put on his account, but I also disabled his account by setting the blocked to yes.

I did this using the back end Community Builder/User menu option. Did you do the ban from the front end?

Ken & Gizzi
Ford 2015 F350 DRW
--
"My Redwood; Go anywhere and always be at home."
"The trouble with trouble is it starts as fun"

"I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been" - Wayne Gretzky

Posted : February 22, 2016 2:19 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Ken,

I started with the message by selecting the "delete" option on the moderator menu.

Then I selected his profile and on the moderator drop down, and selected "Block User". Next I tried to block the IP Address, but on again checking his profile I did not see it blocked. Tried again and the 2nd time it worked.

I wasn't aware of Community Builder/User option, so I assume I used the front end. I'll look for the community builder and check it out.

Posted : February 22, 2016 2:42 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Ken,

Looked everywhere, but the only community builder I find is in the web design section of the forum. Where will I find community builder/user menu.

Posted : February 22, 2016 3:22 PM
Share: