Sophmores

19 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Hello All. Nancy and I got our first RV last spring, a 2012 Blackwood 36RV. After a bit of travelling and some "hard knock" type lessons, we are thinking of trading up, possibly to a RW 3401. Any comments or suggestions would be welcomed. In the meantime, we'll be reading the forum posts to try to pick up some wisdom--we have learned a lot but there are still lots of gaps!

Posted : April 23, 2018 2:10 PM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

How 'bout a well maintained '13FB?
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2013-Crossroads-REDWOOD+36FB-5000739184/?zmc=paa-renew-listing

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : April 23, 2018 3:15 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Be sure to search thru many articles posted on this website about buying and selling. Also pro's and con's. This has been a well discussed topic.

Happy Trails!

Posted : April 23, 2018 5:42 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Dave & Nancy,

Welcome to the ROG and great to see you posting on your first day. You will find lots of members willing to share experiences and offer help.

Don't forget about the annual Rally, which is returning to Shipshewana, Indiana in July.

Posted : April 23, 2018 10:43 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Hi Danny and Linda. That is a beautiful looking rig you have. We decided to downsize (a little bit!) and went for a 340. Thanks for the offer and good luck
Dave

Posted : April 28, 2018 8:42 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Hi Andy and Judy, thanks for the very prompt welcome! We are taking you on your suggestion about the rally. Sorry we won't meet you there, but maybe next year, or maybe we will be getting out your way next summer.

At the risk of stirring up a hornet's nest, I notice that Redwood links to 2 owner groups. I did a quick visit to the other one this morning and it seems like the two groups might not have diplomatic relations! Is there something here a newbie should know about, or best to leave undisturbed?

Posted : April 28, 2018 9:01 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

The ROG is owned and managed by your fellow Redwood owners who volunteer their time. The other forum was originally owned by Redwood RV, but they sold it to a private company about 5 years ago.

Here we have no problem with posts referencing the other forum, but I do not believe it is reciprocal. While I have not used the other forum for many years, but I recall, when the ROG was formed, any posts referencing ROG were deleted by owner/moderators.

In addition to hosting this website and forum, the ROG also assumed responsibility for the annual rally from Redwood RV in 2016 and maintains contact with the Redwood Executive management team. We also provide the technical library, which is located in the left sidebar under "Resources"

Posted : April 28, 2018 9:45 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Dave, you will find many of the same owners on both forums and many posts will be duplicates, but not all. I frequent both and am also still an active member of the Montana Forum since a Montana was our first 5th Wheel.
Many of the problems that come up are common to almost all 5th wheels, so any 5th wheel forum can provide useful info.

Posted : April 28, 2018 10:49 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Dave - same as Michelle, I am active on both Redwood forums. I would suggest you do both for the same reasons she said above.

Posted : April 29, 2018 1:08 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I too am on BOTH Redwood forums, along with RV.NET.......

Posted : April 29, 2018 4:07 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Andy
I believe last spring and early summer I posted several times referencing the Annual Rally and the ROG on the "other" forum, and no action was taken by the site administrators. Maybe attitudes are changing. I for one welcome an additional venue to offer a free exchange of ideas and information.

Jim

Posted : April 29, 2018 4:46 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Well this is encouraging, I will need to check them out, diplomatically!
Dave

Posted : April 29, 2018 5:15 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Thanks for the update Jim - that is great news

Posted : April 29, 2018 5:38 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I should update my first post here--we have moved beyond thinking and next week will own a 2018 RW340. Intend to pick it up and then head straight into the Canadian long weekend as initiation! Pretty excited!
Dave

Posted : May 1, 2018 5:26 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Congratulations! Be sure to perform your own PDI (Pre-Delivery Inspection). If you are not comfortable, consider soliciting a RV Inspector. This will be your last chance before you accept delivery and make a non-refundable payment...Prepare to be there all day if you do this thoroughly...See if you can spend the night in it while still on the lot. It's not final until you drive away!

Posted : May 1, 2018 6:22 PM
Page 1 / 2
Share: