Forum

Notifications
Clear all

New To RVing

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@Anonymous)

Being new to RVing and recently retired, I an in search of a quality fifth wheel RV that can be used for full time. Not familiar with the Redwood line of products, I am searching for something for just my wife and I.

We travel between Ohio and Washington by way of Idaho twice a year so not only quality of RV but dealership/service is just as important.

I am in need of suggestions/recommendations as to the model that would best suit our needs. Two must haves would be to have the unit liveable in below 10 degree weather, which would include but not limited to, double pane windows, heated underbelly, heated dock, heated waste valves, high R value in slides, etc. The second must have would be construction quality.

Thank you.

Posted : June 3, 2018 3:59 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

We have owned our Redwood for 5.5 years and are still completely satisfied with both the coach and company. During the warranty period we had the usual issues arising from driving on some not too stellar roads, but Redwood fixed everything to our complete satisfaction.

Being new to RV'ing, you should know that these coaches are built on assembly lines and all companies can produce less than stellar quality. Yes, even DRV at almost $200K have produced lemons. Therefore, a primary consideration should be how companies respond to issues. In our experience, Redwood has been excellent in dealing with issues.

Redwood is an excellent supporter of the annual rally in Indiana, providing the tent, an evening meal, factory tour, gifts, presentations and Redwood techs providing complimentary repairs regardless of warranty status.

Living on the West Coast and running south to SoCal for winter, we don't experience cold and if fact have only used the furnace a couple of times. Others have lived in their RW in extreme cold, so I will let others provide this feedback.

If you are passing through Indiana in 3rd week of July, you could stop at Shipshewana for the rally to meet the RW Executive, visit the factory, meet other owners, etc.

Posted : June 3, 2018 5:45 PM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

Here's a good'un!
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2013-Crossroads-REDWOOD+36FB-5000739184/?zmc=paa-renew-listing
If you're looking used, this is mine plus a couple more listed in the "classified" section.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : June 3, 2018 8:11 PM
Share: