Another new Redwood owner

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

We just bought a used 2012 Redwood 36RLfor full-time living. It was delivered to our lot last Saturday and we spent our first night in it last night. Pretty nice considering we slept through a nor'easter! The only problem was the slide toppers popping. No damage. I'm gonna have to get out the ratchet straps before the next storm. We're not new to rv's, we have had two travel trailers and still own a class C.

Posted : October 27, 2018 6:11 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Congrat's to full timing!

We don't have the toppers for that reason. I like the idea of what they can do but that particular benefit has that noise issue. It's too bad they can't find a way to deal with it by pushing a button when you don't want it and pushing a button to fold them out when you do.

I've seen another person's way of handling this if it helps:

And welcome to the blog!

Posted : October 27, 2018 7:33 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Welcome to the ROG and congratulations on purchasing a Redwood. You will find lots of help on here, with any issues you experience. We also have a technical library.

Posted : October 27, 2018 8:27 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Thanks for the welcomes. I like the PVC pipe idea. I think it would be easier on the toppers. I have been looking around on the site since I joined about a week ago. Seems like a lot of nice people, and good info here.

Posted : October 27, 2018 3:03 PM
Share: