Notifications
Clear all

396RK. Why did they stop making them?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@ezmoneychuck)
Topic starter

We are thinking of buying a 2019 396RK but we are a tad concerned that they were only made for a short time.

Does anyone know why or have experience with that model?

Thanks!

Chuck

This topic was modified 4 years ago by ezmoneychuck

Posted : June 17, 2020 7:32 PM
ROG - Paul
(@rog-paul)
Estimable Member Admin

I posted your question on the ROG Facebook page which sees a lot more activity than our forum, and here is a response from Tony Lane:

Tony Lane It is not really discontinued. Like most products in the marketplace, items get updated. They are still making a rear kitchen, the new model number is 4001LK. It is slightly longer than the previous version.

Posted : June 18, 2020 5:13 AM
Michelle
(@mhs4771)

I take it that RK means Rear Kitchen.  There are lots of horror stories of breaking every dish and other kitchen items, while other claim thousands of miles and nothing broken.

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

Posted : June 18, 2020 5:15 AM
(@kalispellcary)

My RV repair guy said most people with rear kitchens of any make, don't like them. The rear of the rv gets all the motion and it is hard on the kitchen.

Posted : June 23, 2020 1:06 PM
Share: