1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

MSRP vs Dealer Pricing

First, I want to caveat this posting by showing you what is in the website Terms of Service statement:

Recreational Price Guides, Inc. provides an online tool for consumers to obtain estimated pricing and cost. All such information displayed on the site is gathered from sources and/or based on algorithms or estimates. No assurance can be given that this information is accurate, complete or current. While Recreational Price Guides,

But what I find interesting is the information that might help perspective RV Owners when making an offer on a new RV. NEVER PAY FULL PRICE!

Buyers should always continue to shop around and consider alternatives such as used. You can save a lot of money on a rig that is just 1 or 2 years old.

Having made the disclaimer, this website offers a peak into what a dealership MAY be paying. There are likely additional incentives such as volume sales, hold-backs, and the like. When negotiating a new rig, one should START at 50% off of the MSRP and settle at near 40% with add-ons such as a washer/dryer, satellite systems, hoses, etc (I'm specifically addressing this price-point range. Lower sales prices net smaller discounts. Higher sales prices net larger discounts). Remember that ALL things are negotiable. Even the Tax, Title and License. "I" typically will spend 2 or 3 days negotiating. But on this last truck AND trailer, I spent about 3-4 weeks negotiating each. Good things come to those who wait. The Seller NEEDS to sell. You don't NEED to buy so you are in control of the negotiating. Even the most timid can win!

Select this link and use the drop-down menu for your selected model and year. Then select GO:

https://seedealercost.com/recreational-vehicles/

Posted : September 1, 2018 9:49 AM
Share: