[Sticky] President's Report - 2018 AGM

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Please find attached the President's report submitted at the 2018 AGM. To open, click on the small page next to the paper clip below.

Posted : August 13, 2018 10:26 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Andy

Thanks for posting the President's report. Do you know if anyone recorded the questions for Redwood management at the Rally and if we who didn't attend the rally will be able to see them. I would be interested to compare them with what I observed at the 2017 Rally.

Posted : August 13, 2018 3:11 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Jim and Mary,

We did not record the Redwood management team discussion for two reasons. First, we began to get some negative feedback from recording the sessions and posting them, the feeling being that non-attendees were receiving the same information as those who had paid to attend; and second, I had already heard that they preferred not to be recorded so they could speak more freely.

I can share that they answered every question without any editing, reading directly from the questions submitted. And they were strongly encouraging owners to get Redwood involved if they were having dealer issues. I believe the quote was “We want to be the squeaky wheel.”

Sorry we don’t have the video of that, but we do have video of the AGM and working on a way to post that.

Paul

Posted : August 13, 2018 3:36 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Jim,

Since Judi & I were unable to attend, I asked the same question. We did video the session in 2015, but were asked to take the video down and to not record any future sessions, for the reasons Paul outlined.

So unfortunately we have no record of Ryan's responses for non-attendees.

Posted : August 13, 2018 11:48 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Andy, I remember their aversion to being recorded. I figured maybe since this was different management maybe they would be more forthcoming. But nontheless, since all the questions were scripted, someone wrote them down. I was interested if the questions were pointed or strictly softball, and how they answered. It's our only way of getting into Redwood managements minds these days.

Posted : August 14, 2018 5:45 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Maybe others will chime in here, but I was very impressed with the openness of the RW management team. They read the questions from owners without editing, and answered every question directly.

They addressed quality improvement initiatives that will hopefully be realized in time with new coaches. They talked about increased accountability with dealers in warranty and service work, and provided a remedy for owners who are not receiving appropriate handling with dealers (their request was to call owner relations and ask for your regional representative). They restated several times that they want to be the squeaky wheel and the advocate for owner satisfaction.

They asked and listened for feedback on some design features. Upgraded tires, suspension, and brake options have been introduced because of owner feedback. I suspect that in the future we may see rear stabilizers on Redwoods based on their finding of how many owners use some type of jack to take the movement out when set up. The fairly clear negative feedback on the newer glossy woodwork will likely influence new models, and they asked for opinion on use of the full length pantry along with what other features owners would like to see.

Those are some of the topics addressed from my recollection, but for me, I came away with an action plan if we ever need Redwood’s involvement, and feeling much better about the future of Redwood and the concern that the management team has for owners.

Posted : August 15, 2018 9:55 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

What I observed at the rally concerning Redwood was management addressing issues with every owner and taking care of the problems with each particular unit. I have owned 4 5th wheels from various companies and have never seen anything close to what Redwood does for us. We should be thankful for what they do for us because they don't have to do anything that was done at the rally.....

Posted : August 15, 2018 12:04 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Andy, I remember their aversion to being recorded. I figured maybe since this was different management maybe they would be more forthcoming. But nontheless, since all the questions were scripted, someone wrote them down. I was interested if the questions were pointed or strictly softball, and how they answered. It's our only way of getting into Redwood managements minds these days.

Jim & Mary,
I, myself, provided Redwood with the questions they were reading from. Some of the questions came from an online request for owners to provide any questions they had, some of the questions were from ones I gave them from the attendees at the rally. I am also the one that asked for them to work off of pre-provided questions. That allowed for more people to be able to ask questions. When I asked them last year if they would be willing to have attendees give written questions instead of taking them from the floor, they agreed. I appreciated their willingness to change the format based on my request. With only a couple of exceptions, everyone has preferred this format.

This year they even made themselves available for individual questions after this session. I have been involved with multiple follow up communications between RW management and owners even after the rally, and all have been met with positive results. I have personally been impressed with the current managements' willingness to listen and communicate with owners. We don't always get the answer we are hoping for... but I have to remember that doesn't mean they aren't listening. What works for me, may not work for the masses.

In the end what I would say... I saw the questions they were given. I do not recall any questions that were not answered--if the question/issue was a group related question. They did not talk about individual owner issues, because it would have taken much longer. I thought they were open to communicate and gave as much detail as they could in the time allowed.

Posted : August 18, 2018 4:08 PM
Share: