12 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
KenA
 KenA
(@kena)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Just joined the ROGroup for the National Rally even though I can't attend. Wondering if there will be live streaming or at least video of the events?

Ken & Gizzi
Ford 2015 F350 DRW
--
"My Redwood; Go anywhere and always be at home."
"The trouble with trouble is it starts as fun"

"I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been" - Wayne Gretzky

Posted : May 7, 2016 1:32 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

Ken
Maybe you can fly out of Sitka for a couple of days and video for us. You did a great job last year.we could pass the hat to help with your expenses

Posted : May 25, 2016 5:50 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

Yes.... we should get Ken back there. He did a great job and I mentioned it would be nice to have a campfire and next thing I see is ken gathering firewood!!!! Well at least I think it was Ken.... Every time I walked by the RW with the drink machine outside it was refill time.

He was on it!

Steve

Posted : May 26, 2016 9:36 PM
KenA
 KenA
(@kena)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

I might have had the firewood but was on the consuming side of the drink machine.

Sure would like someone to step up and capture some video this year for those that can't attend. If I can offer any insight how to please IM me.

Ken & Gizzi
Ford 2015 F350 DRW
--

"I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been" - Wayne Gretzky

Posted : May 27, 2016 10:34 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

Ken,

I can set up a Canon 5D Mark III and a 5D Mark II to capture video, but I don't have a wifi adapter. We will also not have an internet plan while in the United States, other than the campground wifi.

While I have never tried operating the cameras when tethered to the laptop via EOS Utility, I believe it can be accomplished. Might take a few hours of research then lots of trial and error to figure it out. Provided I can pass that hurdle, I would require somebody to assist that has web access.

If you can provide remote guidance and I can get web access I am at least willing to give it a try. Provided off course that nobody with these skills sets and equipment volunteers.

Posted : May 28, 2016 12:23 PM
KenA
 KenA
(@kena)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Andy,

Generally I've seen it that you capture the video on the camera, then at a later time connect to the computer and download it.

Once it is downloaded then it can be uploaded to youtube.

Have you ever transferred video from the cameras to your computer?

Ken & Gizzi
Ford 2015 F350 DRW
--

Posted : May 28, 2016 10:27 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

Ken
We haven't heard any updates on how you like Banff Jasper etc
Where are you know

Posted : May 29, 2016 5:21 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

Ken,

No problem uploading to the laptop, I use Canon's EOS Utility, same as for photos. I can also upload to Youtube, it's just I thought you were looking for live streaming. Still might need assistance with the uploading to youtube, as unlikely the CG wifi will handle the file sizes.

After the fact I can do, providing the memory isn't clouded by growler consumption.

Posted : May 29, 2016 6:22 PM
KenA
 KenA
(@kena)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Live feed would be good but capturing the sessions and posting them later is good too.

For live feed last year I used Periscope, now owned by Twitter. You would need a reasonable internet connection. I used my AT&T cell connection but perhaps that won't work this year. Note that with Periscope I captured using my iPad and had to use an external directional mic because the internal mic for the iPad didn't work well in a noisy environment with the speaker far away.

I can help you with posting to youtube no problem and creating the links on the site so people can view them.

Ken & Gizzi
Ford 2015 F350 DRW
--

Posted : June 1, 2016 12:13 AM
KenA
 KenA
(@kena)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Shane,

Banff, Jasper and our trip through Wyoming, Montana and Alberta were really great. I've seen my share of mountains, trees and waterfalls.

Now in Dawson Creek at Mile Marker Zero on the Alcan. We set out tomorrow up the highway. So much to do and see, great trip so far!

Ken & Gizzi
Ford 2015 F350 DRW
--

Posted : June 1, 2016 12:15 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

Glad you are enjoying the scenery. I used to go hunting every year on horses up there off the Liard river

Posted : June 1, 2016 10:55 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

Ken and Gizzy, I'm sorry you're not attending this year. I was really looking forward to seeing you both again.
Patty

Posted : April 11, 2019 7:22 AM
Share: