3 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Ladies & Gentlemen,

At the 2019 Rally we mentioned that we were planning to develop a new website. I am pleased to advise that we are working diligently on this project and have accomplished our first project milestone - the design and uploading of content is now complete.

However, it will be a few months before it is readily available, as we have just started a small group initial test phase. During the next 2 weeks, I have provided access to the Board of Directors and an additional 4 previous Board members, requesting they thoroughly test the menu, links, content, sign-up, log-in, etc.

In early September, provided no major issues are found, I will be recruiting a slightly larger Beta test group to further tests on a multitude of different devices, operating systems, etc.

If all goes well, at this time I anticipate making the new website available to everyone in October/November. Our plan is to operate both websites in parallel, for a number of months to ensure we have addressed all issues and receive additional feedback, before shutting down the current website.

The set-up was not overly challenging for a non-web design person, but when we eventually move it to the current domain, I will definitely require some technical assistance from somebody with considerably more website design & domain management experience than me.

Therefore, in the next few months, I am requesting some assistance from member(s) that work in IS/IT, specifically with website design (Wordpress) and moving websites between domains.

In addition, if you wish to participate in the Beta test group next month, please drop me an email - president@redwoodrvowners.com or reply in this thread.

Posted : August 19, 2019 11:19 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

New Website Update

The Board members have had access for a couple of weeks, so this morning I extended an invitation to a small group of members to join the review group.

If you are interested in being added to the review group, please respond in this thread, or send me an email to president@redwoodrvowners.com and I will forward details.

Posted : October 11, 2019 2:13 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

New Website Update

In response to the recent problems experienced with the website, which were caused by one of the hosts completing a system upgrade, we have decided to bring the new website on-line ASAP.

At this time we are making a couple of minor changes, setting up the 2020 Rally pages and manually entering all Paid Members. At this time we anticipate the new website being available at the same web address on or before December 1st.

For all Paid Members, we are manually initiating a membership with the same User ID, membership category, member number, expiry date and a generic password. As we get closer to going live, I will send an email to all Paid Members with your User ID & Password.

Free members will need to register on the new website to gain access.

Additional updates will be posted as we make progress.

Posted : October 28, 2019 10:24 PM
Share: