Near zero clearance between floor and slide outs

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I am having trouble with slides not having enough clearance when sliding in, thereby leaving black marks on the carpet that cannot be cleaned and tearing small pieces of hard plastic covering and wood pieces from the slide Explore USA repair tells me all components are working as designed and there is no upward adjustment that can be made. basically, sorry chump, that's just the way it is. I'm ready to file suit against redwood for engineering design flaw Anyone else had this issue? Did you get a satisfactory fix? Thank you!

Posted : October 24, 2018 1:06 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

x

Posted : October 24, 2018 5:36 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Thank you for your reply My opinion is if we don't hold the manufacturer
accountable for mess ups, then they have no incentive to fix it. I hate hate hate the ugly black smear in my living room They have contacted redwood about removing the carpet, which would give the slide a little more clearance room Still does not address the tearing and ripping of the hard plastic and plywood underneath. Yes, at least a nail didn't rip it up. good luck thanks again, David

Posted : October 30, 2018 10:14 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

We had the same issue with our 2016 Redwood 38GK while it was still under warranty and Crossroads said it was normal wear and tear, even after we showed them the plastic skid plate that's suppose to protect the carpet had come off. If we keep having problems with ours, we are will get rid of it and go with Grand Design, I believe it's an employee-owned company. I know from a previous Redwood owner, the workmanship and customer service is impeccable.

Posted : October 30, 2018 1:26 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Believe I remember reading that Grand Designs, while a separate division, it is part of Winnebago.

Posted : October 30, 2018 3:46 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

x

Posted : October 30, 2018 5:30 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I have the 2015 38 rl . I took it to RV repair shop and change the iron bar the run the whole length of wideout.also put plastic under the side out use glue and two screws but still have issue with the top of side out the out side seal doesn’t touch the top plus $ 2000.00 .later I wish bought something else!!!!!!

Posted : November 10, 2018 11:19 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

After much arguing with Redwood and Explore USA, they finally agreed to remove carpet and install tile. It still had zero clearance and drags. We are using plastic carpet protectors when we slide in and hopefully can keep that black stuff off the new tile. Very poor design.

Posted : May 19, 2019 12:06 PM
Share: