Does the factory do a PDI ?

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

In addition to the response from Chris.

Sometime in 2014, then GM Jim initiated a thorough GM's inspection of at least 1 coach, per week, as it came off the production line.

In 2016, current President Ryan Juday constructed a PDI facility at the factory. I believe this was completed in late Fall 2016. Since then every coach is supposed to have a factory PDI, before being shipped to the dealer.

However, as Chris noted this isn't how the coach may arrive at the dealer. In our case the delivery is about 3,000 miles. The responsibility lies with the dealer to ensure everything works before delivery to the customer. Sadly, not all dealers provide the same level of service.

Posted : November 11, 2018 12:04 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

Al,

Having read your posts and ended up shaking my head, I have no idea how your dealer could make a statement that they are in the top 50 dealers, and maintain a straight face.

In my opinion the only list your dealer would make is the top 50, with the most complaints. No dealer should charge the customer to prepare the coach and removing all the protective film should be their first task.

Did they even provide 2 batteries and fill the propane?

The exceptional dealers are the ones that have everything running and working in the coach, after testing all the systems.

My suggestion, is after advising the business you purchased your Redwood from (sorry they don't deserve to be referred to as a dealer), go do some research and find yourself a RW dealer, who provides customer service.

A call to RW customer service may assist in finding a dealer in your vicinity.

If you have the time to write a detailed report of your dealer experience and post delivery issues, please send it to me by email (president@redwoodrvowners.com) and I will forward to the RW Executive Management team.

Posted : November 11, 2018 4:48 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

...and right there is the value of the Redwood Owners Group instead of just a forum. Well worth supporting.

Posted : November 12, 2018 1:22 AM
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

...and right there is the value of the Redwood Owners Group instead of just a forum. Well worth supporting.

Hi Paul,

I did join the ROG. I am planning to go to the national rally.

Al

Posted : November 12, 2018 9:45 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

Hi Paul,

I did join the ROG. I am planning to go to the national rally.

Al

Thank you! I wish we had a more direct way to get the word to owners. The ROG is a group of owners helping owners, with the two great benefits of organizing the national Rally, which Redwood highly supports, and having a direct contact with the Redwood Management Team. Plus some discounts and cool shirts :cheer:

Posted : November 12, 2018 9:57 AM
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Al,

Having read your posts and ended up shaking my head, I have no idea how your dealer could make a statement that they are in the top 50 dealers, and maintain a straight face.

In my opinion the only list your dealer would make is the top 50, with the most complaints. No dealer should charge the customer to prepare the coach and removing all the protective film should be their first task.

The exceptional dealers are the ones that have everything running and working in the coach, after testing all the systems.

My suggestion, is after advising the business you purchased your Redwood from (sorry they don't deserve to be referred to as a dealer), go do some research and find yourself a RW dealer, who provides customer service.

If you have the time to write a detailed report of your dealer experience and post delivery issues, please send it to me by email (president@redwoodrvowners.com) and I will forward to the RW Executive Management team.

Hello Andy,

Thank you for your kind offer. It could take me a little time to collect all my thoughts together. I know I sound like a broken record. I apology for being so negative at times. I bought a Redwood because of a friend of mind. He really enjoys his trailer.

The trailer did come with 2 batteries and propane. The dealer that I bought the trailer from was the closest dealer to me. From northeast Ohio it is a 4 hour drive south.

I am looking forward to the national rally to meet up with some good people and be able to talk to the Redwood reps. It should be a 4 hour drive to the rally.

Thank you to everyone willing to help me,
Al

Posted : November 12, 2018 12:01 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

Al
Just to make you feel a little better, it's about a 45-50 hour drive to the rally for us and have made two of them. Thoroughly enjoyed them both. Well worth it for both the rally and the surrounding countryside.

Posted : November 12, 2018 2:49 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

Al
Just to make you feel a little better, it's about a 45-50 hour drive to the rally for us and have made two of them. Thoroughly enjoyed them both. Well worth it for both the rally and the surrounding countryside.

Hi Jim - I can only wish we could make it in 50 hrs. Any chance you are heading East next year?

Posted : November 13, 2018 2:13 AM
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Al

Hi Jim,

It sounds like you are coming from 'The Great White North'. I am glad that the national rally is so close to my home.

Al

Posted : November 16, 2018 8:50 AM
(@Anonymous)
Topic starter

Al,

Hi Andy,

Thank you again for your willingness to help me out. I have sent you an email with some details about the trailer. There is also some pictures included.

Thank you,
Al

Posted : November 16, 2018 10:36 AM
Share: