(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

x

Posted : February 6, 2016 5:11 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I too would love to get my hands on these...they would save a lot of people a lot of time when repairing stuff , including RW and their dealer network.

Posted : February 6, 2016 7:53 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I think the big reason they do not put these things out is they change their suppliers like we change our underwear. Also they have a basic schematic of how things should go together but the assembly line does what it wants and no 2 are built the same

Posted : February 6, 2016 8:05 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Ding, Ding, we have a Winner. Shane you hit the nail square on the head.
Thus the reason we see so many stupid little things done wrong!

Posted : February 6, 2016 9:25 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

The original question in this thread was one of the ones we asked during our initial meeting with RW and you basically nailed the response we received.

Posted : February 7, 2016 1:04 AM
(@Anonymous)

We can't even get drawings published, let alone a parts list. Maybe the same answer applies to the drawings as it does parts - no two Redwoods are the same 🙂

When our cabinet hinges broke on the outside I thought I had the scheme figured out, but when the Dealer and I went out on the lot, we found 2 door vendors, and 3 versions of the same door used on the same year Redwood, not to mention the variances in gas struts across all of them.

Posted : February 7, 2016 9:13 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

x

Posted : February 7, 2016 9:45 AM
(@Anonymous)

I have a whole bag of those for the pantry (4 hinge sets). I bought them from Tiara hoping to convert the ones for the cabinet above the dishwasher, but I couldn't get them to work. They were just too much hinge for those small doors and caused them to overlap in the center with no more available adjustment to bring them out.

Sounds like I better keep them as spare parts. I think they fit the pantry and the w/d closets.

Posted : February 7, 2016 10:19 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I had a strut fail on my basement door , I took a picture of the numbers on the strut, I then googled the name on the strut and found the manufacturer. I called them , got an email and sent a picture. I took all that info and sent it to my dealer in NJ, they did some checking , and I received one via ups at my door, I boxed the failed one and forwarded it to my dealer.

Posted : February 7, 2016 10:23 AM
(@Anonymous)

My strut story got a little complicated. My large basement door would barely stay up, and if it was cold or a little breezy, it would slam shut. Kind of frustrating because our factory TV is in the basement.

Took it to the Dealer for warranty - they replaced the strut with what Redwood sent them and it was wonderful....for one day. I closed the door and ended up wearing it after the hinges snapped off and dropped the door on my feet.

The Dealer and I found any number of combinations of struts and hinges on the same year Redwoods on the lot with no rhyme or reason. We determined the piano style hinge is more than capable of handling the stronger struts, the thin 3 piece hinge set could only handle the light struts, and the heavier 3 piece hinges could handle 1 strong strut and 1 weak strut, which is where I'm at now. Even with that, I've had to reposition the strut mounts to different locations because it pulls the screws out.

Posted : February 7, 2016 11:27 AM
KenA
 KenA
(@kena)
Honorable Member

You guys may want to take the strut conversation to the technical section.

Ken & Gizzi
Ford 2015 F350 DRW
--
"My Redwood; Go anywhere and always be at home."
"The trouble with trouble is it starts as fun"

"I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been" - Wayne Gretzky

Posted : February 7, 2016 9:42 PM
(@Anonymous)

Pretty sure I know the answer to this...

But am checking to see anyway 🙂

Will get back with you ASAP.

Posted : February 8, 2016 11:12 AM
Share: