Redwood Dealers

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I have always been saying that a dealer can make or break your experience with any RV.. Up till now, ALL of my dealers have been great, every one of them were good at what they did, and cared about the customer.

The dealer I purchased my 2020 Redwood from is making it REAL HARD to continue saying this.... It is like he is trying to push me away????

It started withe the delivery, I was more knowledgable then the 2 guys doing the PDI, BUT I almost expected that... Then when looking at the haze on the RV, they then took a magic eraser and tried to remove the haze with that... luckily I saw that in time and the kid only had a chance to rub 2 sections... I had a body shop repair BOTH spots.

I had the RV in Indiana 2 weeks ago for the IS and disc upgrade, I then had it towed back to the dealer for him to perform the 6 items that we found on PDI, and found during our 1st trip.

1st item was there are 3 slides (out of the 5 ) that are making black, sticky marks on the floor when the slides are moved in and out...
2nd item was to move the fridge to allow the right door to open while the slides are closed.. The other 3 or 4 were smaller things handled fine.

Shame on my for being in a hurry when getting it yesterday, I did NOT inspect anything..drive the 3 hours home to find black, sticky marks on 1 of the slides still... the other 2 are great....
When I called Friday to make sure I was ready, we went over the list, when we got to the fridge the person said that it was not addressed.... They said they would do that, 1 hour later they called me back and said that there was no room for movement, I am S O L . . .

Anyway, I spent the day today removing the doors and sliding the fridge out of the area to find a plastic clip that was laying behind the fridge preventing it from sliding all the way back.... I removed it, replaced everything and tried it... It is all fine... the guy obviously never even looked at it...

I did call them about the slides and told them that they were gonna have to send a tech to my house and make that repair as i would NOT be making the 6 hour round trip for their bad workmanship... They have to talk to the manager Monday...

Sorry for the rant, ( I do feel better )... I had to get it off my chest... the ball is in their court now.

Posted : June 16, 2019 4:27 PM
(@Anonymous)

Hello Joe,

Sorry to hear about your experience. When you have dealers like that, it might be time to call them out and post the dealers name. You really wonder if there ever was a PDI done at the factory. I know I had plenty of things on my 2019 trailer that needed to be taken care of. I am going to the national rally and I put in two request to have the trailer repaired from things that were missed doing the factory PDI and the dealer PDI. One of the crazy things about the dealers, you always seem to need to make and appointment one month out. I know I paid $499 to have the trailer prepped. That was a joke. There was a haze on places of the trailer that they did not remove. It seems like I paid for one expensive wash job.

Al

Posted : June 17, 2019 8:54 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Alan,

I want to give them the benefit of the doubt.... I am always a believer that I need to allow someone to make it right... perhaps they have an employee that needs to be educated ??

I will wait and see how they react to this situation and then pass judgement.

Posted : June 17, 2019 9:09 AM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

Hello Joe,

Sorry to hear about your experience. When you have dealers like that, it might be time to call them out and post the dealers name. You really wonder if there ever was a PDI done at the factory. I know I had plenty of things on my 2019 trailer that needed to be taken care of. I am going to the national rally and I put in two request to have the trailer repaired from things that were missed doing the factory PDI and the dealer PDI. One of the crazy things about the dealers, you always seem to need to make and appointment one month out. I know I paid $499 to have the trailer prepped. That was a joke. There was a haze on places of the trailer that they did not remove. It seems like I paid for one expensive wash job.

Al

If my dealer had told me I had to pay $500 to have it "prepped" I'd of told him where to shove that rv. I paid $xx,000 for that rv & their job (paid by the manufacturer) was to see that everything worked & was clean for me to pick up, so in my opinion you took it in the shorts for something they're required & paid to do any way.
As far as I know the factory does not do any type of PDI, once it rolls out the factory door they are done, one in every so many may get a QC inspection before it rolls out.
It's been said on numerous rv forums that the dealerships service department is what you should review before buying any rv, not necessarily the best price, any dealer can sell them, but the service after sale is what the buyer should be concerned with.
From reading different forums unfortunately the type of service Joe is currently receiving is the norm not the exception, once sold the dealer could care less.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : June 17, 2019 11:47 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

The dealer just called me back.. he is sending someone to the house next Tuesday to make the repairs. He apologized up and down... We shall see how that goes....

Posted : June 17, 2019 12:59 PM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

The dealer just called me back.. he is sending someone to the house next Tuesday to make the repairs. He apologized up and down... We shall see how that goes....

Wow Joe! That's great news & highly unusual!

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : June 17, 2019 4:26 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

yes Danny , i was surprised as well.... we shall see what next Tuesday Brings....

Posted : June 17, 2019 8:58 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Joe sorry to hear about getting the run around by the STEALER. Like you I share a pashoin for doing thing the right way and NOT accepting sub standard work. This has been a industry problem for many years , there isn't any one that takes pride in fit and finish and done right once. Trust me its not only the RV industry! Flat rate pay for TECH doesn't help the consumer , it only feeds the fat pigs that used the system to make money. I will NOT let a flat rate TECH work on my cars , they just don't give a Chit about doing it right only how fast they can get to the next job. RV techs in general are not highly skilled repair techs, they are kids fresh out of trade schools or handi man types.

Rant over!

Posted : June 18, 2019 5:44 PM
Share: