The Florida Keys

13 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

We have been to the Keys a few times, with the best resort so far being Blue Water Key RV Resort..

We have also stayed in Key Largo, that park is now closed... We are looking into another trip down this summer and want to know where you all stay...

With Blue Water being the best of the best ( per some ) , at $215.00 it is not cheap, I don't have an issue spending that if its worth it..
I guess what I am asking is... Are there any other beautiful rv resorts down close to Key West that will fit the Redwood??

We drove through a bunch last visit, and I do not recall any having the roomy sites...
Some on RV.NET say that Boyd's is a good one, but reviews say the sites are narrow

Posted : January 21, 2019 4:40 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Hello,
We are leaving for the keys in two weeks. I could not get a two to three week stay at Blue Water because this time of year, they prefer seasonal - one to three months. This winter we are travelling for two months in different locations throughout Florida. In the keys we are staying from 2/8 to 2/25 at Sunshine Key RV (40miles from Key West)on Ohio Key,next to Big Pine Key & Bahia Honda State Park. The Sunshine RV park was destroyed by hurricane in 2017 and reopened in May 2018. I will let you know how it is and we are hoping for the best. We have a 2016 38RL and was assured that we would have room.

Posted : January 22, 2019 3:41 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Thank You,

Let me know once your there how the sites are... They have 1 or 2 openings for the time slot I want, but they said the length would be questionable for those sites I wanted

Posted : January 22, 2019 9:07 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Hi Joe! Thanks to you and Laurie we are traveling more and enjoying travel days much more. We will be at Bluewater Key next year in January. It’s more difficult to find availibilty than Fort Wilderness. We tried for Boyd’s and Sunshine but both were busy.

We discovered a new favorite in Flagler Beach Florida called Beverly Beach Camptown. Sites we great but very close to your neighbour and made worse by the fact that they designed it so your site will be next to a pull in for Class A if they are full. We found one premium lot that is double wide at the end of the row.

The view is the best. Laura sat for hours and watched the dolphins. Nearby Flagler is so nice. It’s very dog friendly. We are going back at the end of Feb. Not the Keys but on your way and worth a few days for sure.

Posted : January 23, 2019 9:55 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

We will let you know when we get there how the sites are for our Redwoods. Made our reservations for Florida trip of Feb/March 2019 in May of 2018. It is crazy how far in advance is required.

Thank You for your Fort Wilderness guidelines and recommendations. I requested 708, 707, or 709 - hope we get any of those sites - they told us no promises!

Donna

Posted : January 23, 2019 4:34 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Just in the 700 loop -

708 is our favorite spot

here are the others in that loop that we have ben in and had PLENTY of room-
701-702-704-706-707 2nd pick - 709 3rd pic

#705 is really big, but VERY HARD angle to back in with a fence at the blind corner of the back
in

Posted : January 23, 2019 5:41 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Thanks for the kind words John.. Hope Laura is feeling good ! If we make it down there this year, I will check it out...

** This was the 3rd scan in a row that Lori has been cancer free !!!!

Posted : January 23, 2019 5:43 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Joey D !!! That’s great news! Laura and I are so happy for Lori. Laura is stable for now. Things are slow, but being of chemo has made her a lot stronger. We did 711 in Disney this Christmas and 709 last year. We came home for some tests and appointments and are heading out March 1. Back to Beverly Beach and the Fort. Not sure what else.

Posted : January 23, 2019 7:15 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Donna,

When are you heading to Fort Wilderness. We will be there starting March 8.

John

Posted : January 23, 2019 7:18 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

John & Laura,
Yes, we will be there the same time.
We are at Fort Wilderness March 4 to March 12.
Looking forward to meeting you.
Donna & Todd

Posted : January 24, 2019 11:45 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Sounds like a mini rally. We are at the Fort March 3- March 9th. Look forward to introducing ourselves.

Posted : January 26, 2019 7:41 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

well, we will be there about 4-5 months too late . 🙁 🙁

Posted : January 26, 2019 9:58 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

We are at Sunshine key. RV park good for Redwoods. we arrived on Friday and there are three more Redwoods here. Met the one owner near us.

Sites are large and gravel. Everything new. We are in site 163, not what was originally selected. Along the entrance road. It is OK , but the row over would be better sites - Site 179 is where the other Redwood is and that would be better. We are only staying 2&1/2 weeks - preference goes to the monthly, seasonal and annual.

Hope this helps you - sorry no pictures - need help with laptop with pictures.

Posted : February 10, 2019 1:11 PM
Share: