Time for IS from MorRyde

20 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

We have enjoyed the last year + of our Redwood 390MB. We have been up and down the east coast from Florida to Maine. We have had a few little issues all resolved quickly by the dealer.

It seems the only thing we would like is a smoother ride on travel days. The panic on bridge approaches or bouncing on less than ideal roadways can make a quiet enjoyable travel day into an exhausting and sometimes draining day of travel. We have been through the hitch, checking levels, monitoring weights, inflating and deflating the donut.

In the quest for the perfect ride, my Christmas present to myself is a new MorRyde independent suspension set up. We already have disc breaks so it’s a simple project. Just waiting on the confirmed installation date

Joe D did a great job selling me on it. Even my dealer said, “if your going to keep it, IS is a good investment.” Here’s hoping it makes the southern migration a little smoother. Would love to here any other experiences.

John

John

Posted : August 23, 2018 5:41 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Will it turn all roads into smooth glass, no way, but it well help smooth out the rough spots. I don't think there is anything that will smooth out some bridge joints, but the IS with a good Hitch & Pin Box will give a much better ride both for you in the TV and the stuff in the RW.

Posted : August 23, 2018 8:11 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Same as Michelle said. Even with the IS, when we had the Reese hitch and the TriGlide I still crringed at the thought of South Carolina and I 95. Trailer rode much better and ride was better overall in the truck but we still were not totally happy.

What did it for us is Airbags on truck with onboard compressor and remote so I can vary pressure as needed and the change to the Comfort Ride Hitch and MorRyde pinbox. Almost 14k miles since the change and couldn't be happier. Have pulled through 17 states and al kinds of roads and we have to hit something really bad before either of us looks at the other one.

Posted : August 24, 2018 12:40 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Same as Michelle said. Even with the IS, when we had the Reese hitch and the TriGlide I still crringed at the thought of South Carolina and I 95. Trailer rode much better and ride was better overall in the truck but we still were not totally happy.

What did it for us is Airbags on truck with onboard compressor and remote so I can vary pressure as needed and the change to the Comfort Ride Hitch and MorRyde pinbox. Almost 14k miles since the change and couldn't be happier. Have pulled through 17 states and al kinds of roads and we have to hit something really bad before either of us looks at the other one.

Vaughan, if you had to choose between the ComfortRide hitch and the IS, which would you choose? Or if you couldn't do both at the same time, what would your choice be?

Posted : August 28, 2018 12:00 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Paul, hands down, do the IS. Difference all around will impress you. If I was going to do a hitch other than the Comfort Ride it would be a B&W. I've had Reese and Pull Rite. Had issues with both. Have used a B&W for awhile before the Comfort Ride and was impressed.

Posted : August 28, 2018 1:14 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

You will love it!

Posted : August 28, 2018 4:17 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I suggest that you have your RV weighed first before having the IS installed. We had it weighed last year at the rally and this year had the IS installed. It rides nice but everything is moving around on the inside of the rv. We contacted Mor-ryde and they figured out that it is too stiff so now that we are in Oregon we are having the rubber springs replaced with the correct ones. Our weight on the axles hooked up is 12,500 total and we had the 8k IS installed. Morryde has been great and we will let you know when we are done on Oct 2.

Posted : August 29, 2018 1:02 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

last year when I had my IS installed, BEFORE Sergio did anything, 1st they set me up on level ground and got ALL my measurements to see what ( if any ) sub frame was needed...
2nd they weighed every wheel location separate from the other, this told them which rating to use, 7k or 8k and what stiffness of rubber to use.

I am a bit surprised that you did not get weighed before?

Posted : August 29, 2018 7:58 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

They may be trying to streamline the operation for the installation but I was measured but not weighed. We had Sergio also. I am just happy that they are gonna make it right.

Posted : August 29, 2018 8:57 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

John, just had ours installed on the same model and it is night and day difference. We love the upgrade, I'm sure you will also. Enjoy the new ride once completed.

Posted : August 29, 2018 11:05 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Now I am curious if they changed their procedure? They told me that they weight each wheel point FIRST so they have not only a true axle weight, but can get the proper stiffness of rubber for each wheel..

Posted : August 30, 2018 9:18 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

We stopped over to MORryde after the Rally for a general checkup and have Timkin Bearings installed. I wanted to get our RW weighed, but Rob said there was a problem, don't recall the exact nature, but said they couldn't weigh us.
So there may still be an issue that they can't do the usual weight.

Posted : August 30, 2018 10:01 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

We pulled up in front for the measurement, thats when Sergio found the broken wet bolt. Then they backed it into the stall unhooked the truck and then we went to breakfast. They could have weighed it then but when we came back from breakfast they had it all jacked up and already had the axles and brackets removed. So it was a rather short window of opportunity. But it doesnt matter as long as they make it right and they appear to be doing that. My suggestion is to get it weighed first and present them the sheet when you get there to make sure. Thats what I should have done. We had last years weigh in papers in the Rv.

Posted : August 30, 2018 11:05 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Sergio finished mine August 13. I asked about weighing and Rob responded that they had an issue with the scales and have chosen not to replace them and will not be weighing any longer.

Posted : September 9, 2018 12:48 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

We had ours done in July of 2017 just before the rally. They didn't weigh us at that time either. So we had the Escapees do it at the rally.

Posted : September 9, 2018 1:32 PM
Page 1 / 2
Share: