(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

x

Posted : September 23, 2018 3:06 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Looks like you got off the road just in time , tires that the treads comes off like that offend times require body work to be fixed

Posted : September 23, 2018 4:14 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

We had a similar experience with Nexen tires. On our way to the rally we encountered a vibration while on I40 between Little Rock and Memphis. We tried various speeds to see if the tires were out of balance. However, the vibration remained and continued to get worse. We contacted Discount Tire in Memphis who was able to get us in right away. The Nexen tires came with my Ram and only had 19,000 miles when the problem began. Just glancing at the tires they looked brand new. Tons of thread remaining. However, upon closer inspection, you could see that not one but all six tires were showing visible signs of separation. Six new cooper tires later we were back on the road. Bought cooper because Discount Tire did not have Michelins available. Funny thing is that when I bought the truck I requested that the Nexen tires be swapped out for Michelin. The dealer assured me that the Nexen tires were just as good as Michelin? Shame on me for accepting what the dealer told me.

Posted : September 23, 2018 11:35 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

x

Posted : September 24, 2018 9:30 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

At 30K our left front Nexen broke a belt and the tread bulged up. Put 6 new Michelin's on.

Rick

Posted : September 24, 2018 12:28 PM
Share: