Notifications
Clear all

Traveling from Topeka / Goshen Indiana to Fort Myers Florida

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@Anonymous)

Hello All

Fist time posting, and hopefully this is correct location to post it.

We are looking to leave Topeka Indiana on 22nd or 23rd of October heading to near Fort Myers Florida.

Any suggestions on the best route and good RV parks to stop at along the way.

Thanks in advance.

Posted : October 19, 2018 8:55 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

Hello All

Fist time posting, and hopefully this is correct location to post it.

We are looking to leave Topeka Indiana on 22nd or 23rd of October heading to near Fort Myers Florida.

Any suggestions on the best route and good RV parks to stop at along the way.

Thanks in advance.

I start in northeast Indiana and take I-69 to Indianapolis where I pick up I-65. I take I-65 all the way to Montgomery, AL. Then I take US-80 (at Exit 168) about 6 miles east to US-231. I then take US-231 to Dothan, AL where I pick up US-84. Stay on US-84 all the way to Valdosta, GA where I pick up I-75. I then take I-75 to my final destination near Palmetto, FL. The US highways (except for US-80) are all 4 lane. This route bypasses Atlanta, GA which generally takes 2 hours to 3 1/2 hours to get past. My total route distance is 1177 miles. I take 4 days and 3 nights to get to my destination.
I stay at:
Cave Country RV Campground, Cave City, KY (301 miles from northeast Indiana)
Birmingham South RV Park, Pelham, AL (300 miles)
Eagles Roost RV Resort, Lake Park, GA (325 miles)
Winterset RV Resort, Palmetto, FL (251 miles), final winter destination

Each days drive is easy and I arrive middle of the afternoon where I can disconnect the truck and set up in about 20 to 30 minutes before it gets dark. I always reserve a pull through site about a month in advance. Once set up, I go fuel up the truck and I am ready to relax for the rest of the evening. I generally start each day's trip about 8:00 AM.

Hope this helps and good luck on your trip.

Posted : October 20, 2018 8:49 AM
Share: