In Command stopped working briefly

12 Posts
3 Users
2 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Yesterday we had the AC’s off because of the breeze, when we went to turn them on later at night from the in command system, the AC’s would not work…. No fans, no nothing…. The zone temps were showing -F and I could not link to it from my phone. . . .after about a few hours of searching, I unplugged the 50 amp shore power, and disconnected the battery switch for 15 seconds… I turned everything back on and all worked…. All night…

Any idea what may have happened?? How to prevent this from happening again ?? The batteries are 2 Interstate Deep Cell, group 27… all connections seam to be tight? Gonna be 90 today and we are in full sun, hoping for the best...

Posted : May 26, 2019 10:26 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Joe, we don't have InCommand but have the earlier Lippert OneControl. Every once in a long while I have to unplug the OneControl router (located above the coat closet at the entry door) and reset it. It's never failed to come back up with good network connections and everything keeps working like it's supposed to.

In fact, my ONLY complaint with the OneControl is that the main control pad is Lippert proprietary software so it must be ordered from Lippert at about 5x's the cost of a new pad from Best Buy.

Posted : May 28, 2019 2:50 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

We have a 2017 MB3901WB with the InCommand and it too also stops working with a busy or controller not connected message. To resolve I remove shore power and turn batteries off to cause it to reboot. Not sure why it does it. Might just be a good idea to reset it every few weeks.

Posted : May 28, 2019 3:21 PM
bama7239 reacted
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Thanks Ken,

Has it happened while the AC's were already on and cooling? My fear is that we travel with pets, if we leave the RV for a while and the AC shuts off, that is an issue..

IF it only happens once in a while, and is found when trying to turn on the system, I can deal with that.

Posted : May 28, 2019 4:23 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Our system is the iN-Command Pro Series and we have separate external thermostats for AC/Heat. Not part of the iN-Command system. Mine usually happens after driving and I am putting slides out once at the camp site. I am having residential refrigerator inverter battery issue so I think I am losing battery power during travels and its messing things up. Working on correcting that issue.

Posted : May 28, 2019 4:38 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Joe
We bought a Motorola baby monitor/camera
Where we could watch the dogs while gone. You use your phone to check itIt also has peramiter you can set for temperature and will alarm you when it goes outside of the settings.

Posted : May 28, 2019 6:18 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Thanks Shane, thats a great idea..... I will check that out online..

Posted : May 28, 2019 7:32 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Has anyone traveled in HOT weather, got to the destination and set up camp. The inside was 100* and AC would not turn on ? I read somewhere that has happened at times ??

Posted : May 29, 2019 7:31 AM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

Has anyone traveled in HOT weather, got to the destination and set up camp. The inside was 100* and AC would not turn on ? I read somewhere that has happened at times ??

Reading on the Keystone forum that folks have had problems getting the furnace to run once the temps drop below a certain temp, nothing on the ac so far. There's a thread on "Do you like the In Command" & so far about 50/50.
If I recall Lippert has a fix for it, not a recall, but can't recall what the is.
Very glad I had the old school rocker switches!!

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : May 29, 2019 12:20 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Danny,

I have NOT had the issue, just looking to cut something off at the pass BEFORE it happens.. I did a little digging and found that it/was a glitch between ASA ( the makers of the software) and Dometic Air conditioners.... SINCE we do not have Dominic and have Airxcel/Coleman, I am assuming we will be just fine.

when we purchased our 2016, we opted NOT to have the touch pad, I am old school, I want rocker switches... BUT now ALL the makers are going electronic...

Posted : May 29, 2019 3:12 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Joe,

The InCommand system on my 2018GK has worked flawlessly for me but my unit does not control the furnace and AC units as the newer models do. The software can be updated by a USB flash although I have not attempted this. Perhaps an update is available that could solve your issue.

I've heard the new Incommand units are wi-fi capable. I'd love this feature if it allows control and monitoring of HVAC systems while you are away and your rig is on a wi-fi network. I too worry about my pets while I'm away and the AC fails.

FWIW I use a Canary device which has a motion activated camera and monitors air quality (temperature, humidity, air quality) and sends me an alert when any condition hits a selected parameter. Unfortunately it relies on wi-fi so if power goes out I only get a notification that my Canary is offline.

Posted : June 2, 2019 1:12 PM
bama7239
(@bama7239)

Thank you Ken and Ford Truck guy.  We just had the same problem "The zone temps were showing -F and I could not link to it from my phone and "controller not connected message".  We turned off shore power and battery power and it rebooted.  Thank goodness its hot is Miami.

Posted : March 2, 2020 5:03 PM
Share: