Clear all

Refrigerator slide

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Karen Stevenson
(@kfullcircle)
Topic starter

We have a 2016 38rl. Started traveling home Tuesday. When trying to put the slide with the refrigerator in, bottom comes in but top sticks. Doesn't want to move the slide so it tries to come in at an angle.  Has anyone had this problem?  If  so, what fixes it?  Thanks for the help.. Richard 

Posted : March 14, 2020 7:16 AM
(@rtimesoon)

Hello and welcome to the Redwood Forum.  We have a 2012 36RL and it is similar to your 38RL. This kitchen slide out is not an above floor slide but a flush slide out. When it travels outward (extends) it drops into a pan in the opening. When retracting or coming back in it has to travel up the ramp or wear strip to come back in. Sometimes the rubber wipers around the slide out grab too much and cause the room to tip excessively. Some swear by using baby powder on the wiper seals and others swear by using a lemon or non lemon type furniture polish on the seals if they grab too much. Spray the seals and wipe excess off with a rag or cloth. You would be surprised how well the seals grab the room when they retract. Consider this a maintenance item every 6 months or as needed.  If all the corners of your slide out are tight when in and out I would consider them adjusted well. If not they might need some adjustment.

2012 36RL Dual awnings, 6.5K onan, Fisher Paykel dishwasher, Splendide combo, Full body Paint, attended national Rally 2014, 2015 & 2016
2015 F550 176" WB, B&W Companion, 8' Longbed box

Posted : March 14, 2020 12:01 PM
Karen Stevenson
(@kfullcircle)
Topic starter

@rtimesoon

Thank you so much!!  Will try that!!  Richard 

Posted : March 14, 2020 2:30 PM
Paul Bridges
(@iceman1777)

Agree with Rtimesoon. We had our seals replaced at the rally two years ago and for a year I had to keep them well “polished” with the furniture polish. If they started getting dry, they would grab the slide and create an unsettling angle on the slide as it tried to pull in. I found that pushing as high up on the slide as possible as my wife brought it in would help ease the slide travel. 

2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 CC KR DRW 6.7 Powerstroke

Posted : March 14, 2020 5:49 PM
Share: