AC

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Not sure, but I think I may have to replace my two AC units. Is it possible to get two units with heat pumps. I know the LR AC has one, but what about the bedroom unit. Would you advise me on the possibility of this?

Posted : July 2, 2019 7:08 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

We have the Heat Pump option on both of our ACs, but we ordered the RW that way. What makes you think you need to replace both units??

Posted : July 2, 2019 7:40 PM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

Atom Ant posted that on his unit with 2 heat pumps that only one is tied to the furnace so once the temps drops below 40+/- the furnace kicks in while the 2nd heat pump is blowing cold air so fighting against one another.
Ours only had one heat pump & did a good job warming the whole coach til the temp dropped too low.
Not sure it would be a good financial decision to add heat pumps to both if replacing them as that would also require thermostat change & possibly replacing the wiring to it as well.
Also curious why you feel both acs need replaced.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : July 2, 2019 8:54 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

we also only had 1 on our *16* with 2 AC's, and the 2020 that has 3 AC's still only has 1 it is in the bedroom...

They are telling me that the upgraded, fireplace will do the lower portion of the coach...

Posted : July 2, 2019 10:32 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Not sure, the bedroom has not worked since the new roof was installed. I was on the road for 6 weeks so we only had the Living room AC to cool us down. At times it got quite hot. Our last hour the LR stopped working but I didn’t have time to look at it so I am just guessing. I’m thinking the bedroom AC was not hooked back up properly and have no clue on the LR.

Posted : July 3, 2019 8:44 AM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

Not sure, the bedroom has not worked since the new roof was installed. I was on the road for 6 weeks so we only had the Living room AC to cool us down. At times it got quite hot. Our last hour the LR stopped working but I didn’t have time to look at it so I am just guessing. I’m thinking the bedroom AC was not hooked back up properly and have no clue on the LR.

In that case I'd suspect that you're correct, they didn't connect either correctly after the roof installation, but difficult to troubleshoot without looking at them. Personally I'd contact a mobile rv tech to check them out before replacing.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : July 3, 2019 4:27 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

We had similar issue, dealer had to remove one of our A/C units during warranty to correct a wire Redwood left under the A/C unit seal and they did not reconnect the wiring correctly.
Took it back to the dealer and they corrected wiring and all is good.

Now one other item that has happened to both our A/C units is the Blower Motor started squealing quite loud on both units within about 6 months of each other.
I replaced the blower motor on the front A/C unit with what I think is a better brand than the Chinese OEM motor (installed a Fasco Brand Motor). The new blower motor worked great then about 6 months later the rear A/C unit started making the same loud squealing noise so replaced it with the same Fasco Brand Motor.
Both A/C units have worked great since.

Posted : July 8, 2019 6:39 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Rob - do you happen to have the part number and source for that Fasco motor ? I need to replace one or both of ours.

Posted : July 10, 2019 1:11 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Rob - do you happen to have the part number and source for that Fasco motor ? I need to replace one or both of ours.

Vaughan

Fasco D1092 5.0-Inch OEM Direct Replacement Motor, 1/3 HP, 115 Volts, 1675 RPM, 2 Speed, 3.4 Amps, OAO Enclosure, Double Shaft, Sleeve Bearing

I did not price shop the motor, bought it from Amazon as I needed it fairly quickly.

Posted : July 10, 2019 6:29 AM
Share: