basement heater

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Can you run basement heater when driving? I believe it is the red toggle switch.

Heading home and weather is supposed to be in 30's.

Thanks
Dee

Posted : March 31, 2019 2:32 AM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

Can you run basement heater when driving? I believe it is the red toggle switch.

Heading home and weather is supposed to be in 30's.

Thanks
Dee

Nof familiar with newer RWs, but the red toggle you're referring to is most likely the gas switch for the water heater. As far as I know there is NOT a dedicated basement heater, but the furnace does heat the basement & to a small extent the underbelly.
You'll get diferring opinions on running the furnace while traveling but I've done it for years & haven't blown up yet.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : March 31, 2019 10:54 AM
(@Anonymous)

Tank heaters?

Posted : March 31, 2019 10:54 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I have a 2018 GK and there are no red toggle switches in my coach. I don't have the factory tank heaters so that switch may be for them if your coach is equipped. If they are DC tank heaters they may run your battery down pretty fast along with the refrigerator running on the inverter. If they are AC tank heaters you're out of luck unless they are on an inverter or you run your generator.

The basement is heated quite nicely by the furnace. When I open my basement door in cold weather it's usually much warmer than the coach. There should be no problem running your furnace as you are running down the road. I used to do it all the time in my Class A motorhome. Just check to see that none of your heat registers are blocked off by the slides when they are pulled in.

Posted : April 4, 2019 11:44 AM
Share: