Furrion oven won't light

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

In our 2017 3901MB, we have the furrion oven. We've used it approximately 3 times. Tried to light it the other day and could not even get a spark. We don't smell any propane. We tried lighting it with a lighter...no success. We understand the procedure of holding down the knob while turning to light. The range burners work fine. After contacting Lippert, they stated we needed a new thermo couple. Doesn't seem that you'd have to replace this part after only 3 uses. Has anyone else had similar problems?

Posted : February 14, 2019 8:35 AM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

If you can't smell gas or get the pilot to light it's not the thermo coupler, it only comes into play once the pilot is lit to keep it lit. As it sounds you have a gas supply issue getting to the oven & not sure where to suggest you start other than loosen the supply line to the oven to see if there's gas there. But be extremely careful.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : February 14, 2019 11:51 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Considering you are not even seeing a spark from the ignitor I think you may have an electrical issue. Does the oven light or fan come on when you try to ignite the oven? I'd check the electrical connections to see if anything may have come loose.

Posted : February 14, 2019 6:05 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Yes, the oven light and fan comes on when trying to ignite.

Posted : February 14, 2019 6:13 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Yes, the oven light and fan comes on when trying to ignite.

Well with power to the oven it seems odd that the ignitor would not be sparking unless it has gone bad too. As Danny and Linda suggested I'd check for gas supply. If your oven is in the kitchen slide like my 2018 GK there is a manifold with brass/copper fittings under the slide that you could crack open a bit and put some soapy water on to see if you are getting gas flow. There are two fittings off the manifold one for the cooktop and one for the oven. If you have gas there then you might have a problem at the appliance regulator but that doesn't explain why the ignitor won't spark. I still think it's an electrical issue somewhere.

Posted : February 14, 2019 6:23 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Very helpful information...thanks!

Posted : February 14, 2019 6:27 PM
Share: