Clear all

Venting for dryer

9 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
bama7239
(@bama7239)
Topic starter

I just bought a ‘19 39MB and we want to install a washer and dryer (vented) stackable not combo. Has anyone done this themselves or would it be better for service tech? How long should it take and average $$ to vent for the dryer? I cringe at the idea of having a hole drilled in the closet.

Also, has anyone bought a ‘19 39 MB that came with the Winegard WF2 already installed. We are trying to find the rocker switch and maybe they were put in the same location, or was that a dealer add-on?

I’m sure i’ll Have more questions later as we are newbies in the RV life.

Thanks for any responses

Posted : February 18, 2019 8:43 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

http://www.redwoodrvowners-dev.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&view=topic&catid=39&id=1861&Itemid=159

Check out this thread, where a few members have posted on how to drill the hole for the vent.

Just noted it is your first post, so welcome to the ROG and congratulations on purchasing a Redwood. Enjoy your new coach.

Posted : February 18, 2019 11:59 PM
(@Anonymous)

I had our dealer install the vent (actually 2!). I had a Splendide combo unit moved from our older RV but it failed miserably over a couple of years. We now have a separate Splendide washer and dryer, I kept the "plug" that was taken out of the original install, the new vent was needed in a different location, the plug went back in and was covered with a scare light. Don't have a separate cost for the dealer to install a vent but if the dealer does install it they will have the tools and experience to do it properly, you wouldn't want to hit a supporting beam!

Posted : February 19, 2019 12:14 PM
bama7239
(@bama7239)
Topic starter

Thank you, unfortunately our dealer is 2 hours away =, so we are going to look into a mobile RV person that can make the vent. The unit has a sticker on the wall exactly where the vent hole is to be made, so that makes it easier.

Posted : February 19, 2019 1:21 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

just make sure the out side chrome cap is sealed good to the wall, You don't want water getting inside the wall and causing a floor problem. other wise easy job if your putting the washer / drier in the location the factory intended on putting it.

Posted : February 19, 2019 6:42 PM
bama7239
(@bama7239)
Topic starter

Thank you, I believe we are going to find a mobile repair person to do this. I feel confident that I could do it, but rather have a professional do it.

Posted : February 22, 2019 1:11 PM
(@Anonymous)

I've done a few. On our Redwood the washer and dryer were side by side in the slide. It just takes some courage and a 4" hole saw. the typical hole saw doesn't go all the through, so you have to use your pilot hole as the guide and come in from both sides.

I've still got the 2" plugs from each 5er and use them as coasters under my coffee cup or whiskey glass. Usually starts a conversation.

Posted : February 24, 2019 11:18 AM
bama7239
(@bama7239)
Topic starter

Absolutely, don't want water getting in.

Posted : February 24, 2019 7:12 PM
(@Anonymous)

Just be sure to get a good vent cap like this one

The louvered kind are vulnerable to a side wind and rain

Posted : February 25, 2019 2:24 AM
Share: