Notifications
Clear all

Samsung RF217 Refrigerator Shutoff

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@1003kings)
Topic starter

Hello, we have a 2015 38RL with a Samsung RF217 domestic refigerator.  For the first time I am trying to shut off the fridge and have not been able to.  There is not a shut off switch in the fridge and I have not been able to identify the breaker.  When I shut off the main disconnect the fridge stays on, likely because of battery power going to the invertor.  Short of pulling out the fridge, which is a very big job, and unplugging it I am at a loss.

I would like to be able to leave the trailer plugged in so that my batteries can stay charged but without the fridge running all the time.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted : July 21, 2020 9:01 AM
Michelle
(@mhs4771)

From what I've read on the Montana forum, there isn't a shutoff on the Samsung, but I believe there is a way to put it into demo mode or something similar that effectively turns it off.

Our fridge is plugged in in the back of the cabinet next to the fridge not behind the fridge.  Unless you are positive your's is behind the fridge I would look in the back corners of those cabinets looking for a cord coming out of the fridge area.

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

Posted : July 21, 2020 3:45 PM
(@ford-truck-guy)

our fridge in our old 2016 38RL would be unplugged when we wanted to tun it off... If memory serves me, the plug was I. the cabinet next to the fridge, on the left side of the fridge

Posted : July 21, 2020 4:56 PM
(@1003kings)
Topic starter

Thank you to everyone that took the time to reply to my question.  We have had our Redwood for 5 years and it is the first time that I have been in a position that I wanted the fridge shut off.

I did find the plug for the fridge!  The plug was on the left side of the fridge.  The plug was not in the cabinet next to the fridge but it was behind the next bank of cabinets.  I found the plug behind the bottom drawer in the bank of drawers on the right side of the oven.

Thanks again as I would never have thought to look here without your suggestions.  Hopefully my find will help someone else.

Posted : July 24, 2020 6:30 AM
Share: