Notifications
Clear all

Tankless Water Heater water temperature is inconsistent

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@rarmstrong1978)
Topic starter

We purchased a 2012 Redwood RW36RE12 last year. We are full-timers and we use the shower daily. It has a tankless water heater. The shower would suddenly turn cold and would take 20 or 30 seconds to turn back hot. I looked on the forum about a fix and I see a lot of complaints about tankless water heaters. I came up with a solution that has worked great for us. I installed a 5-gallon water heater in between my tankless water heater and my bathroom. I found a great deal on Wayfair on an Eccotemp 7 Gallon Electric Storage Tank for $145. I have less that $200 in the entire project and now we have instant and consistent hot water in the bathroom. The kitchen is still fed off the tankless water heater. It still turns cold from time to time, but it is not that big of a deal.

Posted : October 7, 2020 3:42 PM
Michelle
(@mhs4771)

Good you came up with a solution to your issue.  So far I haven't read much of anything good about using a Tankless Water Heater in an RV.  With just the two of us, we seem to do fine with our 12 Gal tank, but if I ever have to replace it, I'll go for the 16 Gal version.  Fits in the same opening, just deeper, but where ours is I have plenty of extra space.

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

Posted : October 7, 2020 4:38 PM
Share: