Notifications
Clear all

Broken storage door hinge

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@marlindy)
Topic starter

Three years ago the small hinge on the right side of the front storage bin broke.  We were in Casper, Wy.  & I bought a replacement at Stalkups RV store.  They had a whole bin of them.  It cost $2.00 & took me ten minutes to swap it out.

Earlier this year the hinge on the left side broke also.  They are pot metal & break off where the two screws go through the mounting plate.  Now, the left hinge on the right side storage door has broken the same way. 

I called Stalkups, but they are no longer in business.  I have tried other online suppliers with no luck.  One of them tried to find them for me but told me now you have to buy an entire DOOR! 

I can't be the only one to have these fail.  Where can I get them?  I used to call Redwood or Crossroads, but now they are not cooperative & claim my VIN will not help them find parts.   

R. Lindemuth

Posted : October 18, 2020 2:35 PM
Paul Bridges
(@iceman1777)

Did you try Trekwood? Seems like a lot of people are going there for parts. 

2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 CC KR DRW 6.7 Powerstroke

Posted : October 27, 2020 11:19 AM
Paul Bridges
(@iceman1777)

I did a quick search on our forum and here is the link to the results. There has been a lot of discussion on the subject. https://redwoodrvowners.com/community/?wpfs=Basement+hinge

2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 CC KR DRW 6.7 Powerstroke

Posted : October 27, 2020 11:39 AM
(@marlindy)
Topic starter

Thanks Paul,

I will contact Lippert, Trekwood & Pelland.  I do have the label with part # on the curbside door.   

Bob Lindemuth  

R. Lindemuth

Posted : October 28, 2020 1:05 PM
Share: