Insurance Coverage Desired

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

New members here. We purchased 2016 Redwood 38RL the first of the year and recently learned of insurance for full timers. I've contacted 2 companies for quotes and have been declined. Thus far, Good Sam's said we live in a restricted area (Moss Point, MS) and Progressive said we must be in a campground (we live on private property). Is there something you can add to make my search successful? Needin' some help.
Don & Teresa

Posted : August 9, 2018 4:01 PM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

"Don't ask, don't tell" works here also! If the need arises, just said this on a different subject, you're on an "extended vacation".
We've filed a couple claims, no where near our mailing address & the subject of fulltiming has NEVER been ask & we don't intend to tell. Been fulltiming 10 years & no insurance problems so far, other than the price just keeps going UP.
It's a rv, so most likely if something happens & a claim is filed do they expect you to be parked at home??
In my opinion, insurance companies have been taking advantage of us for years with ever increasing premiums, so I don't feel one bit of remorse from sticking it to them for a change.
You have a mailing address, that's all they need to know to send you policy renewals & new proof of insurance cards, I don't think they drive by to check on you!

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : August 9, 2018 6:25 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

x

Posted : August 9, 2018 6:37 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I'm with Geico and they know I'm full-timing and there were no issues. I do use my South Dakota legal personal mailbox but they know I can be anywhere. I even have an additional umbrella policy with them.

Posted : August 10, 2018 12:46 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I'm with Geico and they know I'm full-timing and there were no issues. I do use my South Dakota legal personal mailbox but they know I can be anywhere. I even have an additional umbrella policy with them.

This is what we do as well. I wish I could get a quote from Geico, but I also own a Model T that I keep in storage in Florida. Geico won’t insure that, and their policy has been if you own any vehicle they can’t insure, they won’t insure any of your vehicles.

You might try Miller Insurance in Oregon. They specialize in RV insurance and are very familiar with the circumstances of RV owners. And they were able to get very competitive quotes, licensed in all 50 states.

Posted : August 10, 2018 4:09 PM
Share: