Fulltime

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

So got questions for extend stay folks and fulltimers. When you park for months at a time do you put blocks under leveling jacks before leveling to reduce the amount of ram out of jacks ? I heard it takes some of the sway out but not sure. And do you put anything under hitch pin to help stable the front ? I never have since we only stay a week here and move on , but we are fixing to stay in one spot for the summer and winter. Any advice or must do's ? Thanks Jeremy

Posted : May 1, 2018 12:08 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Hi Jeremy,
We full time and have been in a few locations for extended stays - like 3 to 6 months. I purchased the RV Snap pads early on and they greatly improve stability. You get a discount if you’re an ROG member.

I don’t use any other blocking under the levelers, and wouldn’t do any good to have a tripod on the hitch because if the Trail Air pin box. I do add a scissor jack under the rear trailer hitch that helps take a lot of the motion from walking or washer/dryer operation.

Posted : May 1, 2018 3:31 PM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

We have 2 sets of the Lynx Levelers (Legos) that I put a couple under each of the jacks every time we unhook regardless how long we stay just to reduce the stroke.
I've heard great reviews on the Snap pads, but for the price you could buy 8-10 sets of the legos, just my .02 cents.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : May 1, 2018 4:28 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

x

Posted : May 1, 2018 6:42 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Thanks for the info , I'm totally with you on the slide outs , no way if we ever lost a jack fell more damage would be done than help. What are you using for the rear jacks ?

Posted : May 1, 2018 8:25 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

x

Posted : May 1, 2018 8:47 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

We have the RV Snappads and I also built additional pads with plywood top/bottom and 2"x 4" cores. When down in Indio we required minimal jack extension and it definitely reduced the motion.

Now I need to install the scissor jacks on the rear.

Posted : May 1, 2018 8:49 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

x

Posted : May 1, 2018 8:59 PM
Share: