Forum

Poly leather couch ...

Notifications
Clear all

Poly leather couch and love seat peeling.

6 Posts
4 Users
4 Reactions
(@champaz)
Topic starter

My 2017 39MB has the Poly leather seating peeling off on the couch arms and Love seat. It is only 2 1/2 years old and the furniture needs recovered or replaced. This is terrible quality from Redwood.

any others having issues and what did you do to fix or repair without spending a lot of $$.

Posted : June 30, 2020 6:49 AM
Michelle
(@mhs4771)

We have a 2016 36MB and are "Long/Most Timers"  and ours is doing the same.

We're headed to Indiana in three weeks to pick-up our new furniture.  Were planning on doing it before the Rally

but oh well.  Not exactly cheap, but hopefully will last longer.

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

Posted : June 30, 2020 7:45 AM
Paul Bridges
(@iceman1777)

I believe the original furniture is supplied by Lippert (Thomas Payne) and this has been a common theme. We replaced our recliners and sofa last year at the Rally with furniture from Lambright. Like Michelle said, expensive, but so far we are very pleased after one year of nonstop use.

2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 CC KR DRW 6.7 Powerstroke

Posted : July 1, 2020 5:45 AM
blaesnford reacted
Paul Bridges
(@iceman1777)

Our Rally Manager, Lisa Price, contacted Lippert about furniture issues. Here is their reply:

I have an email reply from Lippert.  They have said to have anyone that is unhappy call their customer service
Customer Care Center  574.537.8900  email:  customerservice@lci1.com  
They also have a 50% off trade in program available to some--depending on their issue.
I hope that at least helps!

2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 CC KR DRW 6.7 Powerstroke

Posted : July 6, 2020 1:17 PM
ChampaZ reacted
(@champaz)
Topic starter

Thank You Paul. The LCI is also bonded leather. I found a pure leather Asley pwer unit for $968 that just fits perfect .

Posted : July 8, 2020 6:20 PM
ROG - Paul reacted
(@rob_fla)
Eminent Member

I knew the durability of the factory seating when we bought our Redwood in 2014, at delivery we took the recliners out and put our Lane Theater Seating unit that was bought for our previous SOB 5th Wheel. Been 6 years of fulltime use now and no issues with out Lane unit. 

The two factory couches in the slides of our Front Living area are rarely used and after 6 years of fulltiming still look good.

Posted : July 12, 2020 1:11 AM
Paul Bridges reacted
Share: