Clear all

Wire in Bedroom Cupboard Drawer

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@cam62)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

In our 2021 4001lk in the top cupboard door in the bedroom where the power for bedroom TV and cable/satellite connections are located there is a small wire(s) that are hanging there not used and look like a plug in with a special connector for???

I was sure I read about this wire in another post or another site. Cannot find reference to it in the manual anywhere. Does anyone know what it is used for? I should have taken a pic when I was at the unit. It maybe for a DVD.....not sure and it goes up into the ceiling so can't really trace it.

Anyone else have this wire?

Posted : August 21, 2022 5:48 AM
Michelle
(@mhs4771)

That is the control cable for a Winegard Roof mounted Sat Dish.

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

Posted : August 21, 2022 2:05 PM
(@cam62)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

How is this used? What device connects to this cable or is it for a tech?

Posted : August 21, 2022 2:14 PM
Michelle
(@mhs4771)

That cable plugs into the Winegard Auto Dish control Box

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

Posted : August 21, 2022 3:12 PM
(@cam62)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

@mhs4771 Thanks for the reply. We purchased ours in Canada and are from Canada so we subscribe to Bell (Canadian Sat Provider). Our on roof Winegard has a slot to install a sim card for data, internet cell service but in our location it is useless. I purchased a portable Winegard Carryout G3, put it up on roof and there is a coaxial hook up which works great. I can also configure it for Dish or Direct TV when in the US of A.

So, you actually put a dishnet reciever in that cupboard and plug into the provided cable for sat TV control or is this something totally different from what I am thinking. 

Craig

Posted : August 22, 2022 7:19 AM
Michelle
(@mhs4771)

It's the brains for the Dish, you power up the control box, it talks to the dish and auto searches for the Sat and peaks the signal.  There is a coax connection that runs from the roof into the RW that then connects to the Receiver.  Don't really know how your Canadian Systems work.

Michelle & Ann

Posted : August 22, 2022 7:32 AM
Share: