Window blinds falling off

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Hello all, been a while since on the ROG site.
Can anyone help with this issue??
I have a blind falling off under the dressing. Not sure how to take off the dressing so I can reattach the blinds. Any advice is appreciated
Thanks in advance.
Allen

Posted : December 18, 2017 8:20 AM
(@Anonymous)

We had the same issue with our 38RL. The blind at the rear wide window fell off repeatedly. After two fixes by dealer I repaired it. Remove the valence using a long Phillips screw driver. The blind is too wide to support weight with two brackets so I added a bracket. Then for peace of mind I zip tied each bracket to blind. You can order brackets through Redwood dealer or from a local blind store that carries the model. Also, our model Redwood has a couch across the back so I pulled it out to allow more room.

Reattaching the valence is just a reverse of removing, using the same screws and holes. Maybe helpful to have someone help hold valence in place.

Since adding an additional bracket and zip ties I have had no problems.

Posted : December 18, 2017 8:38 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Exactly what was said above.. I used 2 of the large, black zip ties in an X pattern around the bracket and rail.

The philliops head screws are usually near the side, and may be covered in fabric at least partially.. feel around with your finger.

It helped to move the couch out of the way, I did every window on 1 weekend while at home..

Posted : December 18, 2017 9:36 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

If you have the slow rise shades, contact Irving Shade and Door in Elkhart and they will send you replacement mounting brackets.

Posted : December 18, 2017 11:17 AM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

If you don't want to wait on new brackets, just use the zip ties & put the balance back up, no more falling shades.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : December 18, 2017 11:51 AM
(@6richelle27)

I am new to the ROG. We just bought a new Redwood a few months ago and every time we take it out there is one set of window shades that keep falling down. Can you explain more on where to put the zip ties. Do you go on the outside of the bracket and around the top railing. I can't see where to pull off the valence and don't want to do any damage. 

Posted : June 29, 2022 3:21 AM
ROG - Paul
(@rog-paul)
Estimable Member Admin

@6richelle27 I just checked mine to see how I fixed it. Ours is a 2015 but it sounds like they are still using the same brackets from Irvine Shade.

It's just as you described. Around the bracket and the top railing, and no more problem.

Posted : July 3, 2022 7:57 AM
(@6richelle27)

@rog-paul, thank you for the reply. I found some pictures of what was described on the redwood Facebook group and I think we have a different problem. The brackets at the ends of the blinds keep coming out of the track, the track stays in place, just the ends come loose causing the blinds to fall. The screws won't stay in so we are going to try taking them down and put new screws in with some loctite and see if that will fix it. While we have them down we are going to the zip ties to the other brackets. Thank you for the help, much appreciated!

Posted : July 3, 2022 9:02 AM
Share: