Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Lake Livingston Retreat

10 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
(@Anonymous)

B) I know my wife and I are new to the group but not new to full timing in an RV. We would love to get to know more of the redwood owners as a soon to be redwood owner myself. We have a camp in a gated community on the north end of Lake Livingston in Texas. We have a standing open Invitation for Redwood owners that if you want a place to stay for a few days (up to a week), We have a spare full hookup in my second driveway for someone. I find that I really enjoy other RV's company who are close or at retirement age and here is an opportunity to stay someplace free of charge for a week next to a large lake. You can even bring your boat if you have one.
The gated community I live in has a lake front boat dock and marina that I am sure I can finagle a way for you to use. Regardless there is a public boat dock less than a mile from my drive.
Here are a couple of pictures of my camp place. The street is asphalt up to my driveway and the driveway is 1" limestone rock. The slab under the awning now has my Crossroads Cruiser on it but will soon have my Redwood.

Posted : June 28, 2016 1:46 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

That's an awesome invitation ! I wish we were closer to both Texas , and retirement.. we would take you up on that offer....

Posted : June 28, 2016 3:22 PM
(@Anonymous)

You don't have to be retirement age to come it is just that it seems most of that age are full timers and on a budget. I am 5 or so years off myself but some of my wife and I's best friends are older than I am. Offer is still good if you come to Texas and want to stay close to the lake for free and still be able to do things on the lake. I have met all sorts of good people who both enjoy motorcycling and those that love traveling in their RV's and it is nice to company with both.
That grill on my back porch overlooks a very nice ravine behind us that I have a 12' retaining wall on that is common ground to use for cooking a steak or shrimp etc. on and it does a great job. 🙂

Posted : June 28, 2016 4:26 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

Thanks for the invitation! We would love to take you up on it sometime. We're in the DFW area and we're always looking for short hops. We're about 1 year from retirement now and looking forward to selling off assets and going full time before the end of next year! Our first long-distance trip may be Alaska! Maybe you have some stories to share?

Lake Livingston is about 3 hours and 49 minutes (mid lake). We purchased our Redwood in Houston.

Posted : June 28, 2016 6:48 PM
(@Anonymous)

You are more than welcome to come further south when you get tired of dfw area. Email me whenever you want to head down this way @ Chris.singletary53@gmail.com and we can talk further and give directions. Trailers going in and out have to go through the heavy haul gate next to the auto gate.

Posted : June 28, 2016 11:38 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)

We left near there the beginning of the month. We were at Lake Conroe for three weeks. Thanks for the invite. Don't think we will be in Texas for a couple years.

Posted : June 29, 2016 11:04 AM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

We've stayed in Onalaska @ North shore (I think that's the name), really like that area.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : June 29, 2016 1:51 PM
(@Anonymous)

You were probably at the KOA there? They recently reopened a restaurant on the grounds that is called the farm house. It is ok, though I can totally out cook them in most things. 🙂

Posted : June 30, 2016 5:32 PM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

Not the KOA, it was around the bend at what appears to be a dam, I agree on the restaurant.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : June 30, 2016 8:05 PM
(@Anonymous)

You were likely on the kickapoo creek side. Calmer water there but pretty shallow.

Posted : July 1, 2016 10:58 AM
Share: