Forum

Really enjoying my ...

Notifications
Clear all

Really enjoying my RW36FL here in Florida but I do have a question regarding tv in bedroom

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
(@retiredinjax)
Topic starter  

The guy I bought it from in November said the TV in the bedroom has never been used (It's a 2013) because he couldn't figure out how to get it to telescope out.

I can lift it up (which is apparently what I have to do to get it to telescope) but I can't find a release button.

How do I get it to telescope?

Bob

Michelle
(@mhs4771)

As far as I know, there isn't one.  We had a '12 36RL and now a '16 39MB and there is no tilt to either.  Plus to get that bedroom TV out is a real trick, never removed either of ours.  We even had a Factory installed HDMI cable into the cabinet on the right side for the 36RL and the left side for the 39MB to plug into our Sat receiver.

Michelle & Ann
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew Cab High Country DRW, D/A, 2016 RW39MB, Dual ACs, Auto Level, Auto Sat Dish, Stack W/D, King Sleep #, 17.5" Sailuns w/Disc, MORryde IS & Pin, Comfort Ride Hitch, 5.5 Onan, Res Fridge & Induction Cook Top

ReplyQuote
Paul Bridges
(@iceman1777)

I've taken our bedroom TV out several times - we also have an outside TV that has the same bracket. It's a spring-loaded hook, so to remove push up and tilt the bottom toward you, then the TV should come out. It's tough - especially trying to figure it out the first time, but once you see how it works it's pretty easy. To replace, position the top of the bracket in place with the bottom tilted toward you, push up and slide toward the wall, then release the pressure and it should be locked in place.

I don't like doing that either, so I attached an HDMI extension and USB extension to the TV and can plug in my Roku stick or whatever without having to fiddle with the TV.

2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 CC KR DRW 6.7 Powerstroke

ReplyQuote
(@oriana)

Posted by: @retiredinjax

The guy I bought it from in November said the TV in the bedroom has never been used (It's a 2013) because he couldn't figure out how to get it to telescope out.

I can lift it up (which is apparently what I have to do to get it to telescope) but I can't find a release button.

How do I get it to telescope?

Bob

We also have a 2013 36Fl and can confirm the bedroom TV has a fixed bracket, so it doesn't telescope or rotate. To remove the TV, follow Paul's instructions.

ReplyQuote
(@retiredinjax)
Topic starter  
Posted by: @iceman1777

I've taken our bedroom TV out several times - we also have an outside TV that has the same bracket. It's a spring-loaded hook, so to remove push up and tilt the bottom toward you, then the TV should come out. It's tough - especially trying to figure it out the first time, but once you see how it works it's pretty easy. To replace, position the top of the bracket in place with the bottom tilted toward you, push up and slide toward the wall, then release the pressure and it should be locked in place.

I don't like doing that either, so I attached an HDMI extension and USB extension to the TV and can plug in my Roku stick or whatever without having to fiddle with the TV.

Paul,

Thanks for the info. I've tried to lift it up and tilt the bottom towards me, and I've (kinda) tried to pull it and no joy. I'll work on it some more though, I just don't want to break something.

It's really no big deal to me since I rarely watch TV in bed but it's a problem and I'm a problem solver, or try to be. It bothers me I can't get it out so I'll try it again when the hankerin hits.

That brings up another question. Do I have to jumper the cable back to the bedroom? I'm asking because on the front TV there is one outlet with a jack that says "cable" and directly under that is another jack that says "jumper" but it doesn't say where it jumpers to.

Thanks in advance,

Bob

ReplyQuote
Paul Bridges
(@iceman1777)

Interesting question... I’ve not seen any connection or label called “Jumper”, but think I may have found the answer. Go to https://redwoodrvowners.com/technical-library/floorplans/ and scroll down to Redwood_Cable_Runs. That drawing is from 2012 and shows a satellite jumper cable. See if that helps. And I will try to load the drawing on this post. Here's the drawing - I was able to paste it... 

2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 CC KR DRW 6.7 Powerstroke

ReplyQuote
(@retiredinjax)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the drawing. It doesn't appear I have to do anything, once I get the TV out and make sure the cable is connected.

It also answers another question I had which is, I want to put a TV in the basement and there is a jack there with two outlets. The top outlet says "AMP" and the jack below it says "TIVO". I'm assuming the top should say "ANT" and the bottom say "SAT". I'll put a TV down there and try it out. What can it do, not work?

ReplyQuote
Share: