Cabinet Door Strut

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

The cabinet door above the microwave in our 2015 39MB is a horizontal hinged door. There was nothing to hold the door open while taking things out or putting things in the cupboard making it very hard. We installed this inexpensive cabinet door strut which we had seen in another manufacturers RV. Very easy to install and works great.

Posted : November 21, 2018 8:40 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Could you provide the dimension from the bottom to the screw in the side ?
Thanks

Posted : November 29, 2018 5:23 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Attached are the instructions for both the plastic and metal versions of these struts. I have discovered that the factory hinges (hidden hinges) are not that strong due to the way they are mounted on the cabinet facia. They will twist a bit with just a bit of force. I installed one strut on each end of my upper cabinets and they hold the cabinet door up nicely but actually cause the door to rise up a bit when in the closed position. It's overkill to put these on both sides of the door but that would keep the door from twisting a bit on the hinges.

Posted : November 29, 2018 5:54 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

PunksRedwood did provide the same instructions we have. We held the door open at 90 degrees and then measured from the inside door surface down 5 1/2 in. for the single hole. Don't go less then 5 1/2 because the strut needs that distance to completely compress when closed.

Posted : November 29, 2018 8:20 PM
Share: