Adding Insulation to Front Cap

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Question for any of you that have done it - my project in the next couple of days is to pull the front closet apart and put a bunch of insulation in there.

Will one roll of 6" batt insulation do it or do I need two ? 2013 36 RL

Thanks all and have a Great Christmas !!

Posted : December 24, 2018 1:33 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Merry Christmas Vaughan,

I believe that I used 2 rolls...

After I re applied the foil wrap on the front cap, I then laid the old stuff back in.. I then measured the width of the opening and cut the new stuff to the same width and stacked it in there...
I will dig up some pics in a day or 2 once things settle down..

Joe

Posted : December 24, 2018 4:45 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Joe ,

Merry Christmas ! How much time did you spend pulling the mill work apart and where you able to get it apart and back togeather without any of the pieces breaking? where is a good place to start removing the parts in the closet?

Thanks for your help!

Posted : December 24, 2018 9:09 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Joe ,

Merry Christmas ! How much time did you spend pulling the mill work apart and where you able to get it apart and back togeather without any of the pieces breaking? where is a good place to start removing the parts in the closet?

Thanks for your help!

Good Morning Mark,
I removed the show boxes and had complete access to the entire front area except for the area behind shelves. The area behind the shelves was fine, they placed the insulation and the shelving holds it in place rather nicely.
The entire job took about 2 hours.... maybe an hour n half.

Posted : December 26, 2018 1:43 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Joe, were you able to get any pictures? Am curious if my 2013 36RE is similar to your set up and where is the best angle of attack. Thank you!

Posted : January 10, 2019 10:01 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

It’s a pretty easy install. I think I used two rolls. The shoe boxes unscrew and give you pretty good access. I think it probably cut in 1/2 the heat or cold and the closet doors keep the rest out of the bedroom. Much easier to control temperature.

Posted : January 10, 2019 11:11 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Joe, were you able to get any pictures? Am curious if my 2013 36RE is similar to your set up and where is the best angle of attack. Thank you!

Shawn , If you search this topic - "Front Cap / RW TAKE NOTE"
You will see some pics from me, and others of the before, and after..

Posted : January 10, 2019 12:08 PM
(@Anonymous)

When you are in the closet area, have a look around the safe. Our 2013 36RL had light streaming around it, coming from openings around the back of the pin box underneath and in front of it. I closed up the area with non-expanding foam and I bedded the safe bottom in the foam to insulate it.

Posted : January 10, 2019 12:47 PM
Share: