Notifications
Clear all

SeeLevel II tank monitor

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@romanylife)
Topic starter

Finished installing my new SeeLevel II tank sensors! Working great... easy to do using existing sensor wiring. No more always FULL black tank readings. If you want to do this... make sure you check your tank sizes prior to ordering, as there are different sensor size options. Garnet Instruments allows you to mix sensor sizes when ordering. Also, if you have a black tank (and one grey) shaped like mine with a rim, the sensor needs to be applied to the end opposite the outflow where it is flat.  

2015 38RL, slide-in-slide, 1,600W of solar 800AH Victron lithium, MorRyde IS w/ Kodiac disc brakes, combined grey tanks w/ Drainmaster box and electric gate valves, towed by 2019 Ram 3500 Limited DRW.

Posted : April 3, 2020 3:33 PM
Paul Bridges
(@iceman1777)

It would be awesome if you could give us a periodic update on how your new sensor panel is working, maybe a 1-month, 3-month and 6-month report. Accurate sensors is something everyone is looking for!

We had our tanks cleaned at the 2018 rally, and the sensors were accurate for about 2 weeks, then back to the usual. We just gave up on the sensors and go by the time or the way the black tank sounds when flushing. The one I get most concerned about is the fresh water - I really don't want to run that dry.

2015 Redwood 38RL
2016 Ford F-350 CC KR DRW 6.7 Powerstroke

Posted : April 5, 2020 4:11 PM
(@romanylife)
Topic starter

Six month update.  Sensors are still working... much better than the old probes.  Only having an issue with one of the grey tank readings sticking at about 88%.  It may be that it has come detached, but I haven't pulled the Coloplast down to look.  Our greys are combined so using the other works fine.  Still happy with the readings. 

2015 38RL, slide-in-slide, 1,600W of solar 800AH Victron lithium, MorRyde IS w/ Kodiac disc brakes, combined grey tanks w/ Drainmaster box and electric gate valves, towed by 2019 Ram 3500 Limited DRW.

Posted : October 15, 2020 2:05 PM
Share: