6 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Hello all,

I am in the process of acquiring all the needed parts to allow me to self install the Lippert tilt bed system.... Has anyone taken on this task themselves?

Joe

Posted : June 8, 2019 5:00 PM
(@Anonymous)

Joe,

Why in the world would you chose to add another Schwintek system to your coach?

I have a factory one on my motorhome. If you are getting it to set up in bed to watch TV, they aren't very comfortable. If you are getting it to get the bed out of the way and have more floor space, they are great for that. Ours is required to have a king bed with slides on both sides. It has to be retracted to bring in both slides.

Posted : June 9, 2019 12:28 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Joe,

I have a factory one on my motorhome. If you are getting it to set up in bed to watch TV, they aren't very comfortable. If you are getting it to get the bed out of the way and have more floor space, they are great for that. Ours is required to have a king bed with slides on both sides. It has to be retracted to bring in both slides.

Good question Brad..

Redwood has offered to ship the kit to me for free for my innstall.... but the more I see it, the more I think it’s going to be an issue .

It is not about watching TV while sitting up, it’s more about accessibility to the closet and would love to 18 inches ..

Could you get me the name of the one that you have?

Joe

Posted : June 9, 2019 1:53 PM
(@Anonymous)

Joe,

Good question Brad..

Redwood has offered to ship the kit to me for free for my innstall.... but the more I see it, the more I think it’s going to be an issue .

It is not about watching TV while sitting up, it’s more about accessibility to the closet and would love to 18 inches ..

Could you get me the name of the one that you have?

Joe

Joe,

Winnebago likes to rebadge everything - so they just call it their "Power Bed", but it has a Schwintek motor and 2 tracks with a tubular framework. Its a nice sturdy steel frame. The base is not a solid sheet of plywood, rather it is a wood stud frame sandwiched with 1/4" plywood top and bottom, I think to give it a vinyl edging all the way around. The end product is about 2" thick. On top is an Innomax sleep number type bed that folds when you raise bed. It has a strap that holds the heavy mattress across the width of the top panel so it doesn't slide down.

These views are from the Winnebago 3D virtual walkthrough of my model that is available online. I was able to turn on and off certain parts and zoom in for detail.

Mine normally has pretty good pass by in front of the bed because it has slides that open on both sides, but when you retract the bed, you get a bonus of a good 4 feet in front of the bed. Gives a nice open feeling and actually hides our ugly headboard.

🙂

Hope that helps, if it gave dimensions I would send them.

Posted : June 10, 2019 1:16 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Thanks Brad, looks somewhat straight forward, even without directions ! ! !

Posted : June 10, 2019 4:54 PM
(@Anonymous)

If you have some time I can measure, but I won't be getting to the MH for a few weeks.

Posted : June 12, 2019 9:58 AM
Share: