adjustable bed

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Has anyone put in an adjustable bed frame? The type that allows you to raise your head to read, or watch TV.. the 2019's have them, we were told the 2020's had them... Our 2020 does not and now I am trying to figure out my options...That was HUGE for my wife.

Posted : May 12, 2019 7:19 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

We have not done that. Ours has the European slot box frame. Look at this link for some info:
https://restrightmattress.com/adjustable-beds-for-rvs/

Posted : May 12, 2019 7:54 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Per some adds I've seen, Sleep Number now has an adjustable bed. Don't know what type of setup as it's only been in TV adds and not really paying attention.

Posted : May 13, 2019 11:06 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Thanks Michelle...

I just hung up with Matt Popovic at Redwood... he told me not to worry, they will somehow make it right.. The 2020's are supposed to have them.... He will get back to me telling me what they will do.

Posted : May 13, 2019 12:19 PM
(@Anonymous)

Hi Joe,

Nice to hear that Matt is going to help you out. I just want to tell you that my 2019 Redwood does not have a raising head of the bed.

Al

Posted : May 14, 2019 7:31 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Joe, I would like have one too but the wife doesn't want to part with the under bed storage. I would think the storage would be lost since the frame and drive for the base will have to be under the mattress. Let me know after you get yours.

Posted : May 15, 2019 7:34 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Joe, I would like have one too but the wife doesn't want to part with the under bed storage. I would think the storage would be lost since the frame and drive for the base will have to be under the mattress. Let me know after you get yours.

wife wanted the storage as well, but wants the bed worse...

Posted : May 15, 2019 9:35 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Yes , I installed our temperpedic adjustable bed in our 3901wb , and still utilize the storage under neath the bed. I installed the frame on top of the plywood to keep from moving and then at the end of the bed I made a cabinet door that covers the end and it just folds down to get to stairs he under the bed

Posted : May 17, 2019 1:08 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

interesting... did you install it without the legs ?

Posted : May 17, 2019 1:13 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Yes , I removed the legs off the base and mounted the base to the plywood

Posted : May 17, 2019 1:17 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Jeremy,

You did not have any worries about the weight of the base?
That was our concern. How long the motor would last. We have an MB with the cable slide system.

Rick

Posted : May 17, 2019 1:47 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Not really concerned with the weight , we stay put in one spot for long periods , so we don’t open and close much , but I figure would cross that bridge when or if it ever happens

Posted : May 17, 2019 2:46 PM
Share: