NEW 17.5 rims/tires/center caps and lugnuts

12 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I do not have pictures yet, but when I pick up the new Redwood next week, I will be removing the brand new wheel assemblies and tires, AND THE SPARE, and replacing them with new Rims and Goodyear G114's...

The tires will have about 700 miles on them, I will post pictures one I take receipt of the trailer...

I have offices up and down the East Coast and can arrange for them to be at the closest one for your pick up....

Joe

If anyone is interested, drop me a line

Posted : May 6, 2019 8:49 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Joe when you get the trailer and you know what the tire size is and brand . figure out what you want for them , I have a equipment trailer that has out of date GY614 now and I need to think about updating them. maybe we can work something out. I am in no rush right now. I should have sent you my 2015 factory RW 16" wheels and tires and pay you the difference before the old girl got towed out to pasture.....

EDIT 9/16" lugs?

Posted : May 7, 2019 8:01 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Mark...

The tires will be ( I believe ) Westlake... 16 ply, H rated, 17.5 tires.... And yes, the lugs will be 9/16 X 18...

This will be "5" ( spare included) complete wheel and tire assemblies, mounted and balanced with ALL accessories...

Joe

Posted : May 7, 2019 8:58 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Mark, here is some further details-
Westlake 215/75R17.5 Radial Trailer Tire - Load Range H
Item # LHWL097
Westlake logo
(1 Reviews)
lowest price pledge
Our Price: $229.72
Aluminum Lynx Trailer Wheel - 17-1/2" x 6-3/4" Rim - 8 on 6-1/2 - Black
Item # 274-000006
Lionshead logo
(30 Reviews)
lowest price pledge
Our Price: $190.67

but they are the " Bearcat " version by Lionshead - - https://www.lionsheadtireandwheel.com/Bearcat-Aluminum-Wheel

so.......... about $400 per assembly...x 5 = $2000.00

I was hoping for $1500.00... they will have 600 miles on them.. Indiana to Mid Pennsylvania..

NOT SURE if that is an acceptable asking price though for the : Westlake Brand..???? I guess I am open to suggestions

Posted : May 7, 2019 9:19 PM
(@Anonymous)

I do not have pictures yet, but when I pick up the new Redwood next week, I will be removing the brand new wheel assemblies and tires, AND THE SPARE, and replacing them with new Rims and Goodyear G114's...

The tires will have about 700 miles on them, I will post pictures one I take receipt of the trailer...

I have offices up and down the East Coast and can arrange for them to be at the closest one for your pick up....

Joe

Hi Joe,

I want to wish you the best on your new trailer. Sorry to hear what happened to your other trailer. I was glad to hear that nobody was hurt. But I am curious to know why you are replacing the Westlake tires.

Thank you for any input,
Al

Posted : May 9, 2019 8:33 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Joe

Hi Joe,

I want to wish you the best on your new trailer. Sorry to hear what happened to your other trailer. I was glad to hear that nobody was hurt. But I am curious to know why you are replacing the Westlake tires.

Thank you for any input,
Al

Good Morning Al,

I have new HiSpec aluminum wheels and Goodyear G114’s ready to put on as soon as I get the new trailer... And i still have a never used spare that I was able to remove before the wreckage left... I will use that as well
that is why I have the 5 that came new with the new RV to sell

Posted : May 9, 2019 9:29 AM
(@Anonymous)

Joe

Hi Joe,

Thank you for any input,
Al

Good Morning Al,

I have new HiSpec aluminum wheels and Goodyear G114’s ready to put on as soon as I get the new trailer... And i still have a never used spare that I was able to remove before the wreckage left... I will use that as well
that is why I have the 5 that came new with the new RV to sell

Hi Joe,

Thank you for your answer. I really don't get a good feeling about Westlake tires. I haven't had my trailer a year yet. The tires are showing signs that something is not right.
I see small little crack's around the tires in places. My trailer was built on May 22, 2018.

Al

Posted : May 9, 2019 9:51 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Al,

The biggest issue with the Westlake "H-rated" tires is that the maximum speed rating is only 62 mph. We have already brought this to the attention of Redwood.

Posted : May 9, 2019 9:58 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Our traveling Friends put quite a few miles on their Westlakes. including Florida to Thompson, Manitoba back to Florida with no issues. They have since added MORryde IS, Disc Brakes, and 17.5 G114s. I know the Westlakes did a much better Job than the Rainers that were on their previous Jayco.

Posted : May 9, 2019 10:49 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I realize that I will have issues getting rid of the Westlakes, thats why i am OPEN to suggestions on the cost...

I figured that o would probably settle closer to $1000.00 which is the cost of the wheels and accessories only with FREE tires

Posted : May 9, 2019 11:19 AM
(@Anonymous)

I realize that I will have issues getting rid of the Westlakes, thats why i am OPEN to suggestions on the cost...

I figured that o would probably settle closer to $1000.00 which is the cost of the wheels and accessories only with FREE tires

Hello Joe,

I want to apologize for hijacking your thread. I wish I would have known about Westlake tires before I traded in my other trailer for the Redwood. I would have traded for my old wheels and tires back. My old wheels were also Hi Spec wheels about 2 years old.

I wish you the best in selling your wheels and tires.

Al

Posted : May 10, 2019 8:21 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Update..

The New Redwood came with HISpec Series 07, Black Wheels:17.5x6.75 HWT Series 07 Black Aluminum
https://www.amazon.com/17-5x6-75-HWT-Aluminum-Wheel-Included/dp/B0074FOALY

17.5x6.75 HWT Series 07 Black Aluminum Trailer Wheel, 8x6.50 Center Cap Included, 4850 lb Max Load
by HWT HiSpec Wheel and Tire
Be the first to review this item
Price: $299.99 & FREE Shipping*AND**
17.5..16ply GoodRide tires
https://thetrailerpartsoutlet.com/goodride-17-5-16-ply-radial-trailer-tire-st-215-75-r17-5-load-range-h/

** I would take $1500.00 for ALL 5 assemblies complete. .. OR BEST OFFER...

Posted : May 12, 2019 1:22 PM
Share: