batteries

10 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

2 years ago I replaced my aging coach batteries with 2 group 31 Lifeline AGM batteries...

I want to Take them out of the coach before the salvage guy comes and takes it away. Anyone have a good, CHEAP battery suggestion that they could give me... Should I put 2 in or just 1 ?? The adjuster told me that if I upgraded anything, I could remove that item, as long as the original was put back.... It came with 2 junk deep cell batts..

Posted : April 27, 2019 9:47 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Joe
I would go to a local garage and see if they would sell you 2 old ones that they had replaced

Posted : April 28, 2019 1:45 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I think that may be an idea.... not sure they would have 2 of the same grouping though??? or does that not matter...

Posted : April 28, 2019 3:35 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Wouldn't matter they are scrapping the trailer

Posted : April 28, 2019 4:00 PM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

It actually came from the factory with a temporary battery used by the transporter then the dealer put 2 matching batteries in, at least in mine.
The couple of used batteries would be my suggestion as well.
I'd bet there will be no one there to do an inventory of what's in/on it, they will be there to haul it & could care less what's in/on it.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : April 29, 2019 12:47 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

When my youngest son totalled his truck, it had brand new tires on it. They were not hurt in the accident. I asked my agent if he could keep the tires. The answer was as long as it has tires and wheels of some kind on it, they were happy. Local junkyard was happy to give him 4 steel wheels and tires for a very minimal price for the wheels.

Posted : April 29, 2019 9:27 AM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

When my youngest son totalled his truck, it had brand new tires on it. They were not hurt in the accident. I asked my agent if he could keep the tires. The answer was as long as it has tires and wheels of some kind on it, they were happy. Local junkyard was happy to give him 4 steel wheels and tires for a very minimal price for the wheels.

Personally that's what I'd do here also. I'd scavenge everything I possibly could & if not reused, sell it to recoup some of the loss your taking on all the upgrades you're losing.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : April 29, 2019 1:11 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

That is exactly what I have done... unfortunately I ran out of time and WORK is now getting in the way.. If I am able to get the lifelines out, they will be the last thing on my list of additions removed, except the MOR/ryde IS and disc brakes...

Just another reason to dislike work ! ! !

Posted : April 29, 2019 4:51 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

when you remove the IS and discs, could you please do a short video so the rest of us can enjoy it?

Posted : April 29, 2019 7:53 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

nope... there will be no popcorn consumption on my behalf....B)

Already decided there was NO WAY those were coming off.... Working with Gary and Brian over t MOR/ryde... they are trying to juggle the schedule around to get the work done while the coach is still in Indiana.. Really not looking to drag that 12 hours west... stay 2-3 days, and another 12 hours east... just don't have the time...

Posted : April 29, 2019 8:27 PM
Share: