Clear all

Power Awning Rail

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@cam62)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Is the awning rail always powered or is there a switch for it? We have a 2021 4001lk. Awning has switch for the LED light rail but doesn't seem to be any power to the rail? I put on the cheesy fan but will not work. I haven't checked the rail with a voltage meter yet.

Any guideance info on this would be appreciated. Again, my general manual does not say anything on this.

Posted : August 21, 2022 5:51 AM
webberwj
(@webberwj)
Eminent Member

Yes!  The switch is in the cargo bay.  There is a row of three switches and one is the awning power switch.  🙂

Posted : August 21, 2022 3:32 PM
(@cam62)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

@webberwj Thanks for the reply. Yes, three switches in "basement" area. One does the light in basement above the command centre, one controls the LED for awning and the other must be for the rail BUT when I tried it my fan didn't seem to work. I need to use my VOM to determine if there is 12VDC on the rail and maybe fan is defective.....Thanks again for the response. Redwood should have the switches labelled.

Posted : August 22, 2022 7:12 AM
webberwj
(@webberwj)
Eminent Member

Agreed!  Took us a while to figure out what that switch was, AND had no idea, neither did the dealer, how to dump the rear gray tank!!  :-))

Posted : August 22, 2022 9:15 AM
(@ford-truck-guy)

ive tried to power that rail several times with my 2020 with no luck.... I finally gave up on it all...

Posted : August 22, 2022 11:10 AM
(@cam62)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

@ford-truck-guy That's not good......I would want to find out where switch is or if powered up all the time, which I am sure it isn't or shouldn't be but non the less I will track it down and "label" my switches in the basement.

Posted : September 21, 2022 4:48 AM
Share: