Clear all

[Solved] FWD Awning Won't Retract

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
(@steveb)
Topic starter

2018 3401RL Redwood.

The fwd awning extends but won't retract using either the In-Command control panel in the coach or the iPhone app. Went to the basement at the main control panel with a manual selector switch set to fwd awning and the awning did retract and the other control options also functioned. BUT now what ever switches the polarity to retract the awning has failed cant trigger the awning to extend at all.

When I cycle the In-Command control panel or the manual override (switch in the basement) to extend or retract I hear distinctly a clicking sound from behind the main panel. I am assuming there is a relay on the panel but I cant identify which one is it. I tried removing 5 relays and operating the switch but had no affect on the clicking (wrong relay?). I suppose I could continue removing the remaining relays one at a time and maybe get lucky? I am hoping someone out here on this blog could confirm or correct my one assumption and get me looking at the best solution or troubleshooting method.

The good news is the awning will roll up while triggering the extend mode so we can travel but still need some help finding the switch or relay that operates the awning controls. Or perhaps it is in the awning drive head if that is the case then I have an extra drive head at home and can replace it upon our return.

Posted : March 31, 2022 11:18 AM
Share: