Notifications
Clear all

Front Slideout Room 12 v Wiring Harness Flex Guard Repair

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
(@kennywhite1531)
Topic starter

I would like ideas concerning the best manner of accessing the Flex Guard located inside the front Schwintek style slideout. The flex guard snapped allowing the 12 volt wiring to get pinched while extending/retracting the slideout.

It would be nice if I could separate the false floor from the slideout without disturbing the carpet however it appears to be securely fastened to the floor and walls with staples and screws. I would appreciate any direction and experience. We have a 2015 Crossroads Lincoln front livingroom 5th wheel. The sleeper sofa is located over this area with the entertainment area located in the opposing slideout.

Thank You in Advance,

Brenda and Kenny

Posted : January 1, 2021 3:20 PM
(@rob_fla)
Eminent Member

Both of my Flex guards under our Front Living slides were broken and the wiring was dragging on the floor when opening and closing the slide. 

I removed the front panels on our slides with our much problem. The slide floor front panels on our Redwood are carpeted separately from the slide floors, just have to poke around and and find the fastener heads that hold the front panel on, remove the fasteners and remove the front panel.

Since both were broken due to being installed incorrectly at the factory during our Redwood build (they were mounted too far forward and getting crushed by the front nose frame beam) I moved them back to the area behind the front nose beam, cut them even lengths, then installed a 3 inch hardware store hinge on them. They have been working perfect for 6 years now.

Posted : January 24, 2021 6:03 PM
(@kennywhite1531)
Topic starter

@rob_fla

Thanks Rob,

That's the route I took. There are 4 screws which secured the front trim plate. The most frustrating was finding the short in the LED lights located in the doorside slideout. 

Nice to hear from you again,

Kenny

Posted : February 4, 2021 4:30 PM
Share: