Need Help Please.

11 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

My wife and I are planning a 11,000 mile trip to the NW United States and Canada next summer into September. I have 80% of my reservations set already, however I am having trouble with finding a camp site in or near Jackson Hole. Any suggestions? I just received an email from the Virginian Camp Ground and they said all of a sudden they cannot take me because of the length of our RW. On their site it says they can take a 40' RV. Mine is 37 feet so I am confused. So I am asking all you great RW people for some suggestions.
Thanks,

Posted : November 8, 2017 11:07 AM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

Sorry I can't help with a park in that area. I will say we've traveled across this great country for the last 10 years fulltime & have never had to make reservations this far in advance, maybe a week, but usually only a day or 2 & have always found a spot.
Check rvparkreviews.com in that area. When reading the reviews just take some with a grain of salt. Read some that gave the park 1 star because they didn't provide "free" dog poop bags or the "free" WiFi was weak, in my opinion if you have/need both bring your own.
Have safe & enjoyable adventure!

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : November 8, 2017 11:47 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

It may not be much help, but we've never stayed in Jackson either. If you're wanting to be centric to Yellowstone/Grand Teton, we've stayed at Yellowstone Grizzly RV park in West Yellowstone, MT. Very nice park and definitely large enough spaces for the RW. One of the 5 nicest parks we've stayed at in the US. There's at least one or two folks on here who have summer workcanped at this park. It's so popular that the summer months are filled up quickly.

Posted : November 8, 2017 12:32 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

we are staying in Grizzly September 2, 3 and 4th. I wanted to stay in Jackson Hole for 3 more days. I am having trouble finding a place in Jackson Hole. Have you ever stayed in Dubois near by. It is a KOA the Wind River KOA.

Posted : November 8, 2017 5:14 PM
KenA
 KenA
(@kena)
Honorable Member

Jackson Hole Campground Fireside Resort

We haven't stayed there but their website says they have sites up to 70' long.

This is an aside, but as a note if you haven't planned a stop at Devils Tower you may want to. No idea what direction you are coming from but we had no problem fitting at the Devils Tower KOA on our way up to Alaska and if its on your way you may find the park there interesting, we really did.

Ken & Gizzi
Ford 2015 F350 DRW
--
"My Redwood; Go anywhere and always be at home."
"The trouble with trouble is it starts as fun"

"I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been" - Wayne Gretzky

Posted : November 8, 2017 6:45 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I'm surprised the Virginian pushed back. Grizzly recommends that park to anyone who asks about staying in Jackson. Might be worth a follow up call just to make sure.

Have you thought about Coulter Bay in the Tetons? It is a beautiful place to stay with many amenities in Coulter Village and you're not far from Jackson.

Posted : November 8, 2017 9:25 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Thanks, Ken
we are planning to see Devils Tower. We will be in Deadwood and make a day trip to the tower. It is only about 60 miles from Deadwood. Can't wait....

Posted : November 9, 2017 2:27 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

The Virginian call me today and said they would take me. I always say my RW is 40 feet but we are the 37RL model so we are ok. Thanks for the interest.

Posted : November 9, 2017 2:29 PM
Danny_and_Linda
(@danny_and_linda)
Prominent Member

Your RW is a 37?? is most likely much closer to 40'+ than 37'. Mine is the 36FB & measures 38'11", those model numbers mean nothing anymore.

Travelin' Texans
Former '13 FB owner
Currently rvless!!

Posted : November 9, 2017 9:13 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Thanks I won't tell the RV park that.....HaHa

Posted : November 9, 2017 9:29 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

It's just semantics, but the 2013 Brochure shows 39' 11" excluding the ladder (in case you have to quibble over a few inches). Ours is a 38GK and measures 41' 5". I always tell them 42'. In many cases, there is "overhang" at the rear past the curb stop. The space may be for a 40' but add the overhang and your good for 48' easy if there is nothing behind you. Now...If there is a tree there....

🙂

Posted : November 9, 2017 10:21 PM
Share: