One Shade bracket broken

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

When we arrived to park for the night, one of our window shade units was dangling from one end. How do I get the shade off so it doesn't do any damage when it falls? We are leaving early in the morning so if anyone can help tonight it will save me from ripping off the other bracket.

It is both shades and the holder. Also, where can I get replacements?

Posted : November 5, 2016 7:24 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Irvine shade in Elkhart - sorry, I don't have the number or website as I'm on a boat going to Florida.

The Shade is spring loaded. Pull it forward an d you should be able to rotate it down at the back and take it out. A good fix is to crisscross black wire ties across the bracket and then it will never break again.

Posted : November 5, 2016 9:37 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Here you go , ---

http://www.irvineshadeanddoor.com/products/roller-shades

I used 11" black zip ties in an X pattern on every single bracket... i will not have another one fall again.

Posted : November 5, 2016 10:16 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Here you go , ---

http://www.irvineshadeanddoor.com/products/roller-shades

I used 11" black zip ties in an X pattern on every single bracket... i will not have another one fall again.

I contacted Irvine Shade and they sent me some replacement brackets free of charge

Posted : November 6, 2016 8:27 AM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

I also replaced the broken shade brackets... but instead of replacing every non broken bracket , i zip tied the good ones. Hopefully that will tighten them up, and stop them from breaking,.. i also had them send me a few extra just in case

Posted : November 6, 2016 8:49 AM
(@6richelle27)

I realize that this post is old. Can you explain the zip tie x pattern that is used or do you have a picture. We have one set of window shades that fall every time we travel somewhere. I know the screw keeps coming out but no matter how many times i put it back in it will still come down. 

Posted : June 29, 2022 3:12 AM
Share: