Television removal in 2014 36RE

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Urgent to my wife. I need to get behind the TV to check for a loose cable. The TV is fine, but there doesn't seem to be a connection to the antenna. I can't figure how to remove the TV.

Posted : November 18, 2016 3:36 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Don't know if you are asking about living room or bedroom tv's. On our bedroom TV you push the top in slightly to position the tv behind the face stile of the cabinet and then lift straight up. On our Living room TV there is a chain with a pull loop or ring on the end. Pull down on the chain and pull out on the tv. Many types of mounts were used. This might not work with yours. Also make sure your TV antenna booster has the little green light on. It is on when the amp is on for tv (over the air antenna) and off for use with cable or satellite connections. This booster is usually near the bedroom tv. Most of the time it is in the cabinet right next to the tv or sometimes right behind the tv itself.

Good Luck

Chris

Posted : November 18, 2016 3:42 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

The TV in back. Went feeling for a chain and no luck. TV feels like it is bolted to the wall, absolutely unmovable. The booster is on for sure., as we want to be using the antenna.

Posted : November 18, 2016 3:56 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

Our 40 inch Toshiba is also mounted on the rear wall and it was on a fixed mount that I changed to a swiveling MOR/Ryde mount with a chain. The original mount is fixed to the TV with screws to the mounting plate. The only way to remove the TV on ours was to remove the screws reaching behind the TV from the sides. I can't remember whether whether they were Phillips head or allen screws.

Posted : November 18, 2016 4:22 PM
Jim
 Jim
(@j_a_wolfe)
Topic starter

x

Posted : November 18, 2016 10:09 PM
Share: